Snapchat is one of the leading social media platforms and it has also been making headlines when it comes to buying and selling.
The FS feature on Snapchat is extensively being used to sell and buy things and one can say it’s a whole marketplace in there.
FS in its true essence is slang and in today’s world, it’s important to educate yourselves regarding these acronyms, especially if you’re an avid Snapchat user.
What Does FS Mean On Snapchat
FS stands for “For sale” on Snapchat. The acronym is used by a seller who’s usually selling something on Snapchat. The acronym has been derived to make things easier for everyone and ease communication.
On Snapchat, users who are willing to sell their stuff usually add the FS label to their snaps or stories to inform their followers that they have something for sale.
The item of sale can be anything, ranging from electronics, and clothing, to even tickets for a concert. Along with the label, the seller can also state the price at which they’re willing to sell the item, a brief description of the item, along with details about the seller and how they can be contacted by the potential buyers.
It should also be noted that the acronym for sale is not just limited to Snapchat. The acronym is also widely used among other social media platforms and even online marketplaces.
And the purpose of using the term is the same as that when it was used on Snapchat and is usually accompanied by other abbreviations like “BNIB” (Brand New In Box) or “OBO” (Or Best Offer)
How To Use FS On Snapchat
- Take a photo or video, whatever suits you of the item you’re planning to sell.
- Once done, tap on the “sticker” icon located on the right side of the screen.
- Among these stickers, you’ll see an FS one, tap on it, and add the sticker to your screen.
- To make things more descriptive, write a detailed caption regarding the item you’re selling, its price, and all the other relevant information regarding the product.
- Share the snap curated, either on your story, or via the chat feature of Snapchat inquiring family, friends, and followers about purchasing the item.
- If someone is interested in buying your item, they’ll contact you via the chatting feature of Snapchat or other specified platforms.
Customizing FS On Snapchat
Did you know the FS sticker on Snapchat can be customized? The sticker can be customized to stand out and become more aesthetic. Customizing the sticker gives it a long press until the option for customization appears on the screen. Among these customization options, we have the option to change the size and adjust the position, and the color of the sticker, all depending upon your preferences and liking.
FS Best Practices And Avoiding Scam
To portray responsible and ethical behavior, the seller needs to follow certain rules and regulations when it comes to selling the product. Some key takeaways include:
- Being clear and concise regarding the appearance of the item being sold. This also includes the genuine condition, size, and price.
- Furthermore, never spam your followers with multiple posts about the same item as it’s considered to be an annoying action. Instead, make one post and wait for the potential buyers to contact you regarding the product.
- Besides not bombarding your followers with the product, it should also be kept in mind not to be too pushy or aggressive when it comes to selling the items. Even when holding a simple conversation with a potential buyer, one should let the potential buyer make the first move and be patient when waiting for any sort of response.
- If the item being sold is expensive, it’s always recommended to sell it and complete the transaction in person.
- When it comes to negotiating, you need to possess the right set of skills to make your mark.
Implications to Consider When Using FS
First, in line, we have privacy concerns with online marketplaces. Even though selling items online on platforms like Snapchat is convenient and efficient, it for sure comes with privacy concerns which can lead to annoyance among users.
To sell the product using the FS sticker, you might have to share your personal information with the potential buyers or even the general public like location and contact information.
Therefore, work with extreme caution when sharing such sensitive information and it’s always recommended to create a separate email account or even a different phone number for privacy concerns.
Legal implications are usually extended for those who are selling faulty items. Selling counterfeit items or even engaging in fraudulent activities will result in legal consequences.
If you’re going to meet someone in person to complete the transaction, it’s always recommended to bring a friend or family alongside.
Alternatives to FS
Besides the FS feature on Snapchat, there are other ones on the app which are also being used to sell or buy items. For instance, one can use the “marketplace” feature to list items or one can even use the snap map to find potential local buyers or sellers.
One can also sell items via Instagram and even Tinder. Instagram has a “shop” feature that allows users to list certain items for sale.
Tinder, on the other hand, has a swipe night feature that allows users to match up with other similar buyers or sellers who are interested.
If one is looking for a more traditional approach, Zoosk or OkCupid is a nice option. Even though these are dating platforms, they have been widely used for selling and buying genuine products.
Of course, we also have the ever-famous Amazon and eBay, which are also extensively used for every sort of buying and selling.
The FS symbol on Snapchat denotes “For Sale” and is used by vendors to alert their followers to items they are offering for sale.
The seller can include a short description of the item, its price, and contact information in their snaps or stories along with the FS label. It’s crucial to be succinct and clear when describing the item, to refrain from bombarding followers with posts, and to wait patiently for answers from possible purchasers.
It is advised to sell pricey products in person when doing so. Privacy issues and potential legal repercussions must be taken into account when utilizing FS. Besides FS, you can also sell or buy things using other tools like Snapchat, Instagram, and even dating apps.