Samsung Galaxy Note 5, announced and released in August of 2015 is one of the oldest devices that will get an OTA update of Android 7.0 Nougat. Note 5 is a 5.7-inch smartphone with a resolution of 1440×2560 pixels and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. It boasts of Exynos 7420 Octa chipset with an Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU and Mali-T760MP8 GPU. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has an internal memory of 32/64/128 GB and a 4 GB RAM. Now, these specifications are certainly not bad even when compared to today’s standard. This almost answers everyone’s question of why Note 5 is getting Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update.
But there is a problem for Rooted Note 5 users. They are not entitled to get OTA updates. So, here we will guide Rooted Note 5 users on installing Android 7.0 Nougat will the help of Nemesis Custom ROM. Before heading to the guide let us first describe what is a Nemesis ROM.
Nemesis ROM is developed by Senior XDA member geiti94 and is based on latest Android Nougat 7.0 N920CXXU3CQB2 released for the Galaxy S7 Edge. This custom ROM is debloated, fast, battery-friendly and brings Samsung’s Experience UI on your Note 5. Also, Nemesis is a pre-rooted ROM so you don’t have to root it again.
Features of Nemesis ROM
Below listed are all the features of Nemesis custom ROM available for Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
- Build.prop tweaks for faster and better ROM.
- Pre-rooted by Magisk Manager.
- Call-recording button.
- After rebooting, you can easily unlock your device with fingerprint sensor eliminating the need of using PIN or Pattern.
- Fully customizable reboot menu.
Now, after reading all these features, we are sure that you may want to try out Nemesis ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Just follow the below procedure to get Android 7.0 Nougat on your device.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with Nemesis ROM
I have been extremely careful in describing the procedure below and I hope you follow it carefully. We are not responsible for anything that happens to your device as a result of following the procedure incorrectly. If you are okay with this, then go ahead with the tutorial. Remember, following this procedure will void your device’s warranty.
- Backup all your important files, contacts, messages , nd other important data.
- Also backup your EFS folder as a protection for your IMEI number.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking of your device by heading to Settings-> Developer Options.
- Make sure that you unlock your bootloader before following the procedure.
- Do charge your device up to 60% before starting the procedure.
Nemesis ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Download the Nemesis ROM zip file from the link given above.
- Place it on the internal SD card of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Boot in the TWRP mode by pressing Home+Power+Volume up button at the same time.
- In the TWRP mode, click on Backup to create a backup of your current ROM.
- Next, head to Wipe option and wipe data, cache, Dalvik cache, and format system.
- Now, select Install and choose the Nemesis ROM zip file you downloaded from above.
- When the installation gets completed, reboot your device (the first boot may take up to 10 minutes).
- After the device starts, download Magisk Manager from APK mirror.
- Open Magisk Manager once. This will enable the root on your device. You can then check the root status of your device using Root Checker.
That’s it! Enjoy and explore Android 7.0 Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with Nemesis ROM. For any queries, drop down a comment below.