Samsung has the biggest lineup of Android phones, most of them being slate-like form with big screens. At a time when it is hard to find a new flip-phone and the design being obsolete, the Korean manufacturer has unveiled a new phone with clamshell flip form factor and a dual display. The phone, which is simply known as W2013, has not only a 3.7 inches Super AMOLED dual screen, but also dual-SIM suport and has a dual battery. In the light of the fact that the Asians are more apt to adopt a dual-SIM phone, the company has launched the W2013 first in China.
Samsung W2013 Specifications:
W2013 specs bring it out as a high-end smartphone running Androi 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Here is a detailed list of specifications of the new phone.
- Network: GSM 900/1, 800/1, 900MHz, CDMA 800/1, 900MHz
- Android 4.0 Icecream Sandwich with TouchWiz
- Browser: WWW / WAP 2.0
- Weight & Dimensions: 195g, 117.8 x 60 x 16.83 mm
- Camera: 8 MP HD rear and 2 MP front camera
- Video quality: 1080p @ 30fps, Full HD video recording and playback
- Video Playback Formats: 3GP, AAC, AMR, Divx, MPEG4, RMVB
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n
- Display: 3.7 ” Super AMOLED (800 x 480), 16 million colors
- Music player: AAC, AAC +, AAC + V2, AC3, AMR, AMR-NB, MP3, WAV, WMA
- Memory 16GB (expandable upto 64GB with MicroSD card), RAM 2GB
- Processor: Quad-Core 1.4GHz high-speed processor
How many of us would like to carry a dual-display flip phone with gross weight of 195g in our pockets? Hardly a few! But does it make a difference if an international movie-star like Jacky Chan endorses it? Of course, the world is full of crazy people who would surely like to buy anything endorsed by Jacky. As for the price of the phone, it is reported to bear a tag of around $3000 that makes it far from being affordable for most people.