We have seen the enormous growth of Android as an operating system for the past 10 years ever since it was launched by Google as an experiment. Since then, there has been no looking back for Google as well as the users of Android as the operating system has continued to evolve ever since its launch. Now, as far as the development and maintenance of Android goes, Google has been solely responsible for the latest releases of Android and we have now reached Android 8.0 Oreo which is the latest version of Android that was released by Google earlier this year.
Now, we have known that there is a tablet version of Android available from Google also which comes pre-loaded on all the various different Android tablets released around the world. However, one thing that is missing from Android which has been demanded by a lot of Android users is the support of Android apps on Windows. We know that Android is based on Linux which is an open-source operating system. However, there is no support for Windows on Android so it is not possible to directly run the Android apps on Windows operated PCs. Now, there are many Android emulators that have been developed for Windows that let you run Android apps on your PC so that you can enjoy the best from both the worlds but we have seen that most of the Android emulators that are currently available have some sort of limitations.
However, we have now heard about a new Android Emulator which is available for Windows devices that is named as MEmu. In terms of support for Windows versions, we have known that MEmu supports all the major versions of Windows such as Windows 7/8/8.1/10. Apart from that, MEmu Android Emulator supports almost all the Windows devices such as PC, Notebook, 2-in-1 Devices, Tablets etc.
Now, if you want to run the MEmu Android Emulator on your Windows PC then you will obviously have a Windows PC running Windows 7/8/8.1/10. Also, you will need to have at least Intel or AMD CPU with Virtualization Technology enabled. Other than that, you need to have GPU with OpenGL 2.0+ support on your Windows PC and there should be at least 1 GB of free system memory which means you will have to allocate 1GB of RAM from the total amount of RAM that is available on your PC to run MEmu Android Emulator smoothly. Also, you have to free up at least 2 GB of disk space to install MEmu Android Emulator.
Now, as far as the MEmu Android Emulator Android’s version is concerned, the Emulator supports two new versions of Android which are Android 4.4 KitKat as well as Android 5.1 Lollipop. As far as the features of the MEmu Android Emulator are concerned, we have attached the list of all the major features of this Android Emulator down below
- Full Android experience with an elegant desktop
- Flexible customization (CPU, memory, resolution, device model, root mode, etc.)
- Mapping the keyboard/joystick to screen touch for much better game experience
- Passing through sensor data (e.g. accelerator) to Android, like Microsoft Surface.
- GPS location simulation, show up wherever you want
- File sharing between Windows and Android
- One click to create/clone Android instances
Steps to install MEmu Android Emulator on Windows
- First of all, you need to download the MEmu Android Emulator application file which has been mentioned in the Downloads section above on your PC.
- Now, double-click on the file that you just downloaded and you will see the setup process which will install the application as seen from the image below
- Now, click on Install on the above screen and you will see a progress bar which shows the progress of the installation. Wait till the installation has been completed 100% and proceed to the next step.
- Once the installation has been completed, you will see a launch button inside the application.
- Now, click on the launch button and you will be redirected to the home screen of the MEmu Android Emulator as seen in the image below.
- This is all you need to do. Now, you will be able to run all the Android apps including games on your Windows PC with the help of MEmu Android Emulator application for Windows.
Now, make sure to try out this application from above if you want to have Android applications running on your Windows PC. The application has a total download size of 323MB and it can be downloaded and installed correctly if you follow the above tutorial properly.
However, if you have any problems in the installation process of this application or if you are having any trouble in running the application properly then do comment in the comments section down below and we will try and reply back to you with an appropriate solution.