Google released the final build of Android Marshmallow on its event held last month and now the OTAs have begun to roll out for Nexus and Android One devices. If you are regular here at Droidviews, you have probably rooted your device and enjoy a customized and bloat-free experience with your Android device. But to update your device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you would have to get back to stock unrooted firmware with a stock recovery. This guide helps you achieve this on Android One devices.
This guide will help you install stock Android 5.1.1 with build number lmy48m which is the latest version for Android One devices. Once you install this update on your device, you would be ready to receive OTA update for Android Marshmallow which has started to roll out for Android One devices also.
Things You Will Need
- Android one with root access
- A custom recovery must be installed( recommended to use Philz)
- Android one 5.1 OTA zip (links given below)
- Locked bootloader with Android One toolkit
- Micromax canvas A1 OTA zip: http://ota.googlezip.net/packages/ot…6.d827aed7.zip
- Karbonn Sparkle V OTA zip: http://ota.googlezip.net/packages/ot…6.7c11ac38.zip
- Spice Dream Uno OTA zip: http://ota.googlezip.net/packages/ot…6.4ad4c123.zip
- Android one Philz recovery and installations guide goes here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros…ricks-t3209045
- Android one all in one toolkit for rooting/re-locking bootloader link is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros…click-t3030165
Steps To Follow
- Download the OTA zip for your Android One device from the links given above and copy it to your device.
- Relock your bootloader, if you have an unlocked bootloader. This can be easily done using Android one all in one toolkit for rooting/re-locking bootloader. (link is given above).
- If you don’t have Philz recovery installed on your Android One device follow the instructions on this thread.
- Once the Philz recovery is installed on your device, boot into the Recovery by pressing and holding power+volume up button for few seconds, a menu will appear on the screen choose Recovery mode. Your device will now boot into Philz recovery.
- Choose wipe and format option from the menu, perform a factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik cache.
- Now go back and choose Install zip, then choose to install zip from internal or extSD (where you placed the OTA zip file). Locate the zip file and select it to install.
- Once the installation is complete, Reboot your device.
- Before rebooting Philz will ask you to root your device choose No and Reboot your device. (do not choose to root your device).
- Once your device is booted, set up all your data/accounts/information, then go to system update and check for updates, you will get 5.1.1 update notification.
- Download the update and install it, then check again for new system updates, you’ll get another update of 5.1.1 build number (lmy48k), install this, again boot up after that you’ll get another OTA with build number lmy48m download and install this update also.
- After lmy48m update, you are on full stock firmware and updated to latest version.
- Wait for the Marshmallow OTA to arrive on your device.
Get ready to install Marshmallow on your rooted Android One devices. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.