Fingerprint scanner is the new trend in the smartphone industry. Almost every device recently launched comes with a fingerprint scanner. Well the amount of things that we do with our smartphones its very important to secure them and fingerprints seems to better than other security options available. They are easy to use, no need to memorize a long password/PIN therefore no worries about forgetting your password.
Fingerprint scanners are mostly used only for unlocking your device only. But here is an application that will enable you to lock down applications using your fingerprint. Finger Security not only protects your applications with a fingerprint but also has other security options to make things more secure and easier for you. Check out the feature list of the app for more details.
- Protect any app with your fingerprint
- Widget for fast enabling/disabling
- Set timeouts to allow a short switch between apps
- Unlock multiple apps at once
- Use your alternative password or pin code to unlock apps when your fingerprint is not recognized
- Finger Security can’t be uninstalled or killed
- Automatically protect new apps
- Use your favorite image as background
- Use a fake crash dialog
- Automatically unlock your apps at specific locations
- Only allow specific people(fingerprints) to unlock an app
- Protect notifications of protected apps
With Material design the app looks great to use and performs even well. You have many options to protect your apps. You can use a fake application crashed message to deceive unauthorized users. Apps can unlock themselves at a specific location, say your Home. If your fingerprint scanner ditches you type in the backup password or PIN to unlock any application.
Unfortunately this application only works with Samsung devices with a fingerprint sensor only. If you have one definitely try this out to increase the level of security on your device.
Install this awesome app locker on your device and protect you personal info from others using your finger as the password. Do leave us your views on this app in the comments section below.