The OnePlus 3T is the latest flagship killer from OnePlus, and it recently received an upgrade to its software, bringing the Oxygen OS version number to 4.1. With each new software upgrade, depending on the changes made, the updated software drops support for unofficial mods and apps that were designed to take advantage of the workarounds in the old software specifically. But the developers never really stop modding and so don’t we. We now have some OnePlus 3T mods compatible with OOS 4.1 that can help you alter the appearance of your device’s software.
The mod involves replacing the original OPSystemUI.apk with a modded one. There are no easy options to select from as to which mods you want to enable. Rather there are different combinations of the modded OPSystemUI.apk that you can download. Below is a list of files along with the mod combinations. Download the one you like.
Don’t miss: Download and Install OnePlus 3/3T Control Center
- 5qsccOOS41.zip (5 Quick Settings and Center Clock)
- 5qsOOS41.zip (5 Quick Settings toggles in a row)
- 6qsccOOS41.zip (6 Quick Settings and Center Clock)
- 6qsOOS41.zip (6 Quick Settings toggles in a row)
- 7qsccOOS41.zip (7 Quick Settings and Center Clock)
- 7qsOOS41.zip (7 Quick Settings toggles in a row)
- ccOOS41.zip (Center Clock only)
- OPSystemUI41.zip (Original OnePlus System UI)
The mods are only meant for OOS 4.1 and no other version of OOS. Any process involving flashing or meddling with system files is a risky affair no matter how expert you are at it or how detailed a guide you followed. DroidViews takes no responsibility in case you end up with a bricked device but we sure are willing to help. That doesn’t necessarily mean we will always be able to, however. Needless to say, this process voids your warranty.
Flash OnePlus 3T Oxygen OS 4.1 mods
- First off, your OnePlus 3T should be rooted and have a custom recovery such as TWRP installed. If it lacks any of those requirements, you can head over to our OnePlus 3T rooting guide.
- Transfer the downloaded zip of your choice to your OnePlus 3T device.
- Power off your phone.
- When your phone is completely off, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Continue to hold these buttons past the OnePlus/Android boot logo.
- Let go of the buttons when you boot into recovery mode.
- Alternatively, you can also boot into recovery mode right from the software without having to perform button gymnastics.
- Go to Settings> Developer mode and toggle Advanced reboot on. Developer mode is hidden by default but can be enabled by tapping the build number repeatedly, found under Settings> About phone.
- Once Advanced reboot is turned on, simply press and hold the power button, and you shall see an option to Reboot to recovery among other options. Select that.
- Once your phone boots into recovery mode, make sure you take a complete Nandroid Backup for the worst case scenario. This can be done by selecting Backup from the TWRP menu.
- Select Install once you’re done with backing up, or if you don’t want to and browse to where you put the downloaded zip file. Select it and Swipe to flash.
- Reboot your device when the installation completes.
Also read: Top 7 Custom ROMs for OnePlus 3T
If you’re using a mod with center clock, remember to disable the original clock unless you wish to see two clocks showing the same time on your status bar. You can do so by going to Settings> Status bar.