The LG Stylo 2 Plus is a decent mid-ranger released in 2016. The phone came with Android Marshmallow but there is a planned upgrade to Android Nougat for the phone; after all Stylo 2 Plus has something going on for it! Another great news for all the proud Stylo 2 Plus owners is that a working solution to install Xposed Framework on LG Stylo 2 Plus has been found, thanks to our fellow developer at XDA, Asriel-Dreemurr.
Recommended for you: 5 Safe Things to Do After Rooting Your Android
If you have found this article and have read so far, I am hoping that you have a decent knowledge on what Xposed Framework is and how it works. Just in case you don’t, check out our article on installing Xposed Framework on any generic device; that should give you an idea. In short, Xposed Framework provides a way to make system level changes on your Android device (almost anything you can possibly imagine, they have an Xposed module for it) without having to flash a custom ROM. Just root your device, install the Xposed Frame and customize the heck out of your device.
Must read: 10 Xposed Modules You Should Try Right Now
Installing Xposed Framework on LG Stylo 2 Plus:
As it has been mentioned in our article that I have linked above (and here again, for your convenience), there is a fixed set of steps you have to follow to get Xposed Framework on your device. But, there are times when these steps don’t apply well to some devices and our LG Style 2 Plus is one of them.
To get a fully working Xposed Framework on your LG Stylo 2 Plus, follow the below steps:
- Download Xposed Framework Installer for LG Stylo 2 Plus from below link:
- Install the downloaded APK file as any other APK file.
- Upon opening the app, you will see a message with a big red exclamation stating ‘Xposed Framework is not installed’ under it.
- Below that, you will find a tab named ‘INSTALL/UPDATE’ under which the latest version of the Xposed Framework will be displayed. Tap on it.
- You will be presented with a popup with two options. The first one is ‘Install’ and the other one is ‘Install via recovery’.
- This is the most important step – Tap on the first option, ‘Install’.
- DO NOT choose the ‘Install via recovery’ option at any cost or your device will end up boot-looping and you might have to hard reset your device to get it working again.
- The app will now automatically download the latest version of the Xposed Framework.
- Upon successful download, you will be asked to grant root permission to install the Xposed Framework. Press ‘Allow’.
- The Xposed Framework will now be installed. After the installation has finished, reboot your device for the changes to take effect.
- Now, open the Xposed Installer App again. If the Xposed Framework was properly installed, instead of a ‘big red exclamation mark’ (like before) you will see a big green tick mark stating ‘Xposed Framework version xx is active.’ Look at the image below:
Now you have a working Xposed Framework on your LG Stylo 2 Plus, congratulations! You can visit the ‘Downloads’ section in the app and download any module that you like. Although, I should warn you to exercise extreme caution!
If you have any trouble with the installation or any of the Xposed modules, let us know, we’d be happy to look into it.
By the way, what is your favorite Xposed module? Let us know in the comment below.