Motorola’s Droid RAZR HD LTE is one of the most popular device available from verizon. It has a reason that justifies that. The device sports a display resolution of 1280×720. Comes with an 8 megapixel camera, a 1.5GHz dual core processor and a Gigabyte of RAM. The devices was shipped with Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with it, has now official Jellybean OTA reelased.
So if you own one of this beast device, has managed to root it and want to play further with the device and install custom roms on the device, you need to have a recovery first. We are presenting you a way to flash the TeamWin Recovery Project’s recovery(TWRP). If you are not familiar with TWRP, here’s a short intro about twrp from its creators, “TeamWin Recovery Project, or twrp for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind.” The recovery does the job same as CWM would do but with a nicer interface and some added features.
Disclaimer: Please proceed at your own risk, droidviews cannot be held responsible if you damage your device during the process. If you are rooted, you have already given up on your warranty!
Before you begin:
- This needs a rooted device. So if you are not rooted yet, head to our detailed rooting guide:
- Your bootloader must be unlocked. You can easily unlock your bootloader from Motorola’s official website here
- This method will only work on a Windows-based PC.
Install the recovery :
- Download the fastboot file and save it somewhere, say Desktop.
- Extract the fastoot archive into some folder, you will get a fastboot.exe and some other files.
- Download the TWRP recovery image file and put it inside the extracted folder mentioned above.
- This will not work if you did not put the fastboot.exe and recovery image file in the same folder.
- Now turn off your device.
- Now you have to reboot your device into fastboot mode. To do that, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together.
- Scroll down to ‘AP Fastboot’ with Volume Down key and select it by pressing Volume Up key.
- Plug the USB cable into your phone and to your PC
- Open the folder where you put the fastboot and recovery files.
- Rename the recovery file from twrp-hdrecovery to recovery so it will be easy with issuing commands later
- On your keyboard, press the Shift key and right-click on an empty space and select ‘Open command window here’. You will get a command prompt, type in the following command carefully:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Let it flash. Once done, we have to reboot your device out from the fastboot mode, type this:
- That’s it! You have just successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Motorola RAZR HD XT925
You can right away get to your recovery to start experimenting, for that you must first boot into the recovery. To know the key-combination to enter into the recovery, visit our exclusive thread below:
How To Boot Android Devices In Fastboot, Download, Bootloader Or Recovery Mode
You might also would like to see how to install CWM recovery on your Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT925: