LeEco Le 2, released in April 2016 is one of the best smartphones available in the range of INR 10,000 -15,000. It boasts of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 652, which is a level above Snapdragon 650 available in Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Along with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels and 401 ppi pixel density, LeEco Le 2 has an Octa-Core processor (4×1.4 GHz Cortex A53 and 4×1.8 GHz Cortex A72) and Adreno 510 GPU. It comes in 2 variants: 32GB and 64GB ROM, both of which have a RAM of 3GB.
Now, you may be thinking that a phone of such great specifications would have a huge level of development like Custom ROMs, Mods, and Kernels going on. But such is not the case because of the unpopularity of the LeEco in different parts of the world. Fortunately, the developers have noted this tiny beast and have begun exploring and tinkering it. The development phase is here for LeEco and ROM’s, Recoveries have begun appearing on the XDA forums.
Recently, official TWRP for LeEco Le 2 appeared on XDA forums. Here, we will guide you to install TWRP Recovery and Root LeEco Le 2.
We have taken all the care in writing the procedure but a successful result depends on how you follow them. We are not responsible for anything that happens to your device while installing the TWRP recovery and rooting your device.
- Make sure you have created a backup of all important files as all the data from your LeEco Le 2 will be wiped.
- Disable screen lock from your device.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking from the Developer options.
- Make sure you have 60% battery.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers from the above link.
- Download TWRP file from the above link.
- Download Le 2 rooting.zip file from above.
Install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le 2
- Connect your LeEco Le 2 to your computer.
- Download ADB drivers from the above link and extract in a folder on your PC.
- Download the above mentioned TWRP file from the link given above and place it in the same folder in which ADB drivers are extracted.
- Download the above mentioned Le 2 rooting.zip file from the link given above and place it in the internal storage of your device.
- Open the command prompt in the same folder in this folder by right-clicking on the folder and holding the shift key.
Note: You may get RSA security warning on your device. Allow all the access so that ADB commands execute properly.
- In the command prompt window type the following commands:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, unlock the bootloader by typing the below commands:
fastboot oem unlock fastboot oem unlock-go
- Next, install custom recovery by typing the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Note: To bypass the device encryption, you will have to delete user data. To do that, execute the below command:
fastboot format userdata
That’s it! Official TWRP is now installed on your LeEco Le 2. Remember, this recovery is only for custom ROM’s like Lineage OS. Stock ROMs will not flash this recovery.
Root Your LeEco Le 2
Now, let’s root your LeEco Le 2 by following the below steps:
- After deleting the user data, boot into the TWRP mode by pressing and holding Power+volume up button.
- In the TWRP menu, tap on “mount” to mount the internal storage.
- After mounting the internal storage, select “Install” in TWRP mode.
- Select the Le 2 rooting.zip file from your internal storage and wait for the process to complete.
- Reboot your device. The first boot will take some time.
After the first boot, you will see an SU icon in your application drawer. Also, you can install Root checker to check root status of your device.