Android, as we all know, is famous for its ability to get customized according to one’s needs and requirements. Power Android developers and users these days continue to look for options to diversify their Android device and use it in more than one way. Here enters the idea of Dual-booting your Android device. Normally, dual-booting is done on desktops and laptops but these days smartphones are launched with advanced specifications which are comparable to desktop and laptops which in turn makes them compatible for dual-booting.
When one goes through the specifications of LeEco Le Max 2, one can easily say that Le Max 2 can boot 2 ROMs at a time and can successfully provide a great performance to both of them. So Senior XDA member andr68rus has developed a method to install MultiROM on LeEco Le max 2. We will describe that method here in the simplistic way possible. But before that for those who are beginners, let us explain what is a MultiROM and some important features of it.
What is a MultiROM?
MultiROM is a multi-boot mod. With MultiROM, you can install any Android ROM along with other operating systems like Ubuntu Touch or Webos Port on your Android Smartphone. Besides internal memory, MultiROM can also be booted from USB drive which can be connected to your Android device using an OTG cable. MultiROM has a boot manager. Whenever your device starts, it lets you choose the ROM which you want to boot.
Features of MultiROM
- Use any other OS along with Android efficiently.
- Boot from USB using OTG cable.
- MultiBoot different types of ROMs based on Android OS.
- Restore Nandroid Backup and use it as a secondary ROM.
This was a brief info on MultiROM and its features. Now, let us get ahead with this guide.
Install MultiROM on LeEco Le Max 2
The procedure described here have been tried and tested by the developer (andr68rus), as well as many other users. By following our post, you agree that you understand the risks involved and will take full responsibility for whatever happens to your device. We have been extremely careful in describing the procedure below and we hope you follow it carefully. We, at DroidViews, are not responsible for anything that happens to your device as a result of following the procedure incorrectly. If you agree on this, then go ahead with the procedure.
- This method only works on LeEco Le Max 2 X82X.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM in case something goes wrong.
- Do take a backup of all your important data on your PC and external SD card.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
Bugs of MultiROM
- The fingerprint sensor may not work correctly.
- The primary ROM (internal ROM) should be only CM-based ROMs. Other ROMs may not work correctly and give you some errors.
Sorry, this app is not available.
We can easily install MultiROM on LeEco Le Max 2 using MultiROM manager App. Follow the below steps to successfully do it:
- Download the MultiROM Manager app from the downloads section.
- Open the app
- Select MultiROM and recovery on the Install/Update card.
- Click “Install” on Install/Update card to start the installation.
- After the installation is complete, MultiROM is ready. Don’t worry! Your current ROM won’t be erased by installing MultiROM.
Note: If after installing MultiROM the internal ROM does not boot up then do the following:
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Select MultiROM menu-> Inject Boot sector
- Reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully installed MultiROM on your LeEco Le Max 2.
How to Add ROMs on your LeEco Le Max 2
Too add more ROMs on your LeEco Le Max 2, follow the below procedure
- Boot into MultiROM recovery.
- Tap MultiROM.
- Next, click on Add ROM.
- Choose the zip file of the ROM which you want to flash.
- Click on “Confirm”.
That’s it! You have successfully added another ROM on your LeEco Le Max 2.
How To Update/Change ROMs on MultiROM
Primary ROM (Internal ROM)
Let us see, how you can update/change Primary ROM (Internal ROM) on your LeEco Le Max 2. Remember, there is a bug here. The primary ROM (internal ROM) should be only CM-based ROMs. Other ROMs may not work correctly and give you some errors. Now, let us go ahead with the procedure:
- Flash ROM’s zip file as usual
- Do factory reset if needed (It won’t erase secondary ROMs)
- Go to Advanced-> MultiROM in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.
Secondary Android ROMs
Now, let us see how to update/change secondary ROMs on your LeEco Le Max 2. If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add a new one. To update ROM, follow the below steps:
- Go to Advanced-> MultiROM-> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.
- Select “Flash zip” and flash ROM’s zip file.
That’s it! If you have any queries regarding this article, drop down a comment below.