We have seen much of Sony’s latest flagship the Xperia Z at the CES 2013. The device was much appreciated for it pretty looks and lavish specs. A couple of weeks ago the new Xperia Home Launcher was leaked and was available to all Xperia handset users. Later the Xperia Z launcher was ported to non-Xperia rooted phones when an XDA member ThilinaC came up with a CWM flashable zip that contained the new launcher and widgets.
Another nice stuff from the Xperia Z has now been leaked by an XDA member, and that is the new lock screen that will come to all Sony Xperia handsets which are in the row of getting the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update from the manufacturer. The new lockscreen works without any issues but it lack the swipeable notifications feature that you get on Xperia phone with ICS. A new feature that comes with this new version is now you can access the notification center right from the lock screen.
How to Get it Work:
The leaked lock screen can be installed on all Xperia phones on Ice Cream Sandwich. The only condition, however, is that it should be rooted. If your device has this eligibility, you can go ahead and install the latest Xperia lock screen using the following tutorial.
- Download the lock screen app and copy it your phone using a USB cable: UxpNxtLockScreen.apk
- You will need a file manager like the Root Explorer app that lets you browse you system files, so install it if you do not have it.
- Open Root Explorer and navigate to system> app folder. Find the UxpNxtLockScreen.apk present there and copy it to the main directory of your phone. This is for backup purpose so that you can revert back to the ICS lock screen whenever you wish.
- Okay now navigate to the new UxpNxtLockScreen.apk file and move it to the same folder(system> app).
- When the file is moved to the appropriate folder, scroll to the apk and long press on it.
- This will prompt a new window with a few options. Select “Permissions” and set up it as shown below.
- When you are done with it. Exit the file explorer and reboot you phone.
Now you should have the latest Jelly Bean Xperia lockscreen app running on your Xperia phone. Enjoy!