Its been a year that OnePlus One has launched and this device has claimed a good software support for itself throughout this period. Many ROMS have been developed for the OnePlus One and some of them also have been ported from other popular ROM development communities. Hydrogen OS and Oxygen OS are some of them, along with Cyanogen OS which comes in-built. However, all these ROMS are Cyanogen Mod based. There is a new ROM in town that claims to be the first ROM for OnePlus One that isn’t based on the CyanogenMod named the AOSParadox ROM.
XDA-recognised contributors, Quasar and h2o64, have released this custom ROM for the former flagship smartphone from OnePlus. The AOSParadox project is directly based on CAF AOSP (CodeAurora Forums) repos making it very close to the vanilla. CAF AOSP is basically stock AOSP with additional optimizations for Qualcomm devices. The ROM has just been modified a little bit CAF to make it work on the Oneplus One.
So if you want to try it on your OnePlus One, then you can install it without any major bugs as the ROM is marked stable. However, as it is a custom ROM, you need to flash it through custom recovery like TWRP. You also need to install Google apps after you install the ROM. You can also get root privileges on this ROM just by flashing the SuperSU package.
- You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus One. Click here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC, so that you can transfer the ROM file to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews shall not be responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong.
How to Install AOSParadox ROM on OnePlus One
- Download the AOSParadox ROM file and the Google apps for OnePlus One from the download section.
- Now transfer the files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe right to confirm.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now again return to home in the TWRP and tap on Install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Now you can run the AOSParadox ROM on your OnePlus One that runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. For any queries, comment down below.