Samsung has been working hard to roll out the latest version of Android to a range of its smartphones and tablet devices. The recent leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmwares for devices like Galaxy S3 and Grand Duos are just indicative of it. The rumors of testing of the latest software version for several other devices like Note 2 and Note 10.1 are also in the air. According to another hearsay, Samsung is planning to ditch Android 4.2.2 update release in favor of Android 4.3 Key Lime Pie.
Whatever the truth might be, another leaked firmware has made its way to the users of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110. The device was released in MWC Barcelona event 3 months ago with Android 4.1.2 and various other features and the leaked 4.2.2 firmware promises a big make over pretty soon!
The new firmware with baseband version N5110XXCMG2 brings a some new features and performance improvements to the device and bumps the OS version to 4.2.2. Having updated your Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110 to the latest firmware, you will notice significant improvements in device performance. Besides, battery life on the new version is a lot better than Android 4.1.2.
New Features and Changes:
Some of the new changes you’ll notice in the new update are:
- New AccuWeather Widget from Galaxy S4
- Another page in Notification Center with all available toggles
- Improvements in S Note app
- Galaxy S4 like icons for stock apps
- New buttons in calculator and music player (like seen on S4)
- Updated Google Apps
- New S Voice and voice control feature
- Many others need to be discovered
How to Install:
- Download the .rar archive from above and extract it on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Settings> Developer options.
- Turn off the device and boot it into Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds and press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode.
- Launch Odin3 3.0.7 and connect device to computer.
- Wait till the ID:COM port on Odin turns Blue.
- Now click on PDA button and select “CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar”
- Then click the CSC button and select “CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship.tar”.
- Then click PIT and add the “kona_wifi.pit” file to it.
- Make sure that “Auto Reboot”, “F Reset Time” and “Re-Partition” options are checked on Odin.
- Finally click the Start button and wait till you see PASS!!/RESET!! message on Odin.
- Your Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 will reboot automatically reboot now and it will have the newly installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on it.
In case you encounter any issue with an app or your device is stuck on bootanimation while rebooting follow the Steps 10-14 from this guide. Enjoy the new firmware and feel free to share you thoughts on the plus and minus points discovered by you. Cheers!