Most users who have a Galaxy phone or tablet released prior to the Galaxy S4, have been waiting eagerly for the official roll out of the Android 4.2.2 update. According to various reports, Samsung will be releasing it first for the Galaxy S3 by the end of July and then it will make its way to other devices. The leaked 4.2.2 firmware for S3 and the stability of the build is just another indicative of how close the new update is!
However, today we have another leaked Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware for the users of Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. The firmware is now available for download and can be installed via Odin. The previous Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for a range of devices like Galaxy S2, Note, Ace 2 and Galaxy S Advance have not proved very pleasant to users and therefore, it will be interesting to see how Samsung manages to overcome the performance and battery drain issues reported by users on these devices in earlier JB updates.
The new firmware brings a host of new features and improvements to Galaxy Grand Duos some of which include:
- New Android 4.2 lockscreen with multi-page and widgets support
- Ripple and light effects on the lockscreen from Galaxy S4
- Transparent status bar
- Page Buddy
- Android 4.2 feature DayDream under Display settings
- New tabbed UI in Settings like Galaxy S4
- White Multi-Window bar
- Faster performance that Android 4.1.2
- Better battery life
- Now you can change device name from Settings> More> About and then by tapping on “Device Name”
- Many others for you to discover
The official 4.2.2 firmware is now available for download. We, therefore, recommend you leave the leaked version and install the firmware given here.
How to Install:
Please note that this firmware is a test version and has a wipe attribute. It means that it will reset your phone when installed. To avoid any data loss, backup your apps and files stored on internal SD card.
- Download and extract the .rar file on your computer.
- Make sure your device has at least 60% battery.
- Turn on USB Debugging from Settings> Developer options.
- Make sure Samsung USB Drivers or Kies is installed on your PC: Download
- Turn off the device and boot it into Download Mode. To do this, hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds then press the Volume Up key to enter Download Mode.
- Launch Odin3-v3.07 and connect the phone to the computer with USB cable.
- When you see blue indicator and “Added!!” message on Odin.
- Click on PDA and select the CODE_I9082XXUBMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5 file
- Click Phone button and add MODEM_I9082XXUBMF2_REV05.tar.md5 to it.
- Click on CSC button and select CSC_OXA_I9082OXABMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5
- Then Click PIT button and select the baffin.pit file.
- Finally, click the Start button and wait till installation finishes.
- You will see a PASS!/RESET! massage on Odin followed by automatic device reboot.
When your phone boots up, you will see the welcome/set up screen and then your Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 will be ready to use with the newly installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Enjoy!