The outstanding 2011 flagship, the HTC Sensation might have been long forgotten by the OEM but it sticks to its way on Android. As per HTC guidelines, the device is only supported to be updated to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which is surely a disgrace for this awesome piece. But does this really affect the developers and contributors at the XDA-Developers community? I say, no! and I am cent percent sure that you people share the same thought.
Late yesterday (Dec 7, 2012), the CyanogenMod Team released out a pure experimental build for HTC Sensation (pyramid) featuring Jelly Bean CyanogenMod; CM10. The migration took from the latest CM9 Nightly-20121202 to CM10 Experimental-20121207; the name itself suggests the present-day state of the build. After the successful reports from users regarding the experimental build, new changes/updates are constantly being merged into the pyramid device repository on CyanogenMod Github by its respective CM device maintainer: intervigilium. The developer now targets to release Nightly builds and take the device to a stable state of Jelly Bean. If you are a developer and are interested in contributing to the CyanogenMod pyramid code, visit the HTC Sensation (pyramid) repository. You may also follow the current changes being merged at the CM Gerrit.
We do wish the developer, contributors and users, best of luck for their upcoming builds and support. For in the views of DroidViews, this might just be the initialization of a new era for the HTC Sensation users, bringing the best of Android to this tremendous device.
We at Droidviews or the developers of the ROM shall not, in any case, be responsible for any kind of damage held to your device either in the past or in the upcoming future.
- At least 60% of your phone battery.
- A USB Data cable compatible with your HTC Sensation.
- Appropriate HTC USB Drivers.
- Download the ROM (Click on the CyanogenMod icon at the end of this post)
- Download the latest Google apps for Jelly Bean ROMs
- Download the latest stable CyanogenMod ROM.
- Backup your complete SD Storage, text messages, and contacts manually to avoid any mishaps during the process and to be on the safe side.
- HTC Sensation rooted and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
How to install CM10 ROM on HTC Sensation
- Boot your phone into Recovery mode.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB data cable.
- Enable USB Mass Storage mode, this will mount your device’s SD storage to the PC.
- Copy and paste the two downloaded ROM and Gapps .zip packages to your device’s SD storage (not in any folder).
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Power off your device. Now press the volume down + power buttons simultaneously until you see the bootloader screen.
- Use the volume buttons to highlight “Recovery” and select it using the power button.
- Your Sensation will now boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- First of all, go to “backup and restore” option and backup your current ROM, so that you can restore it later if anything goes wrong.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” and wipe it.
- The “wipe cache partition”.
- Go to “advanced” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Go to “mounts and storage” and format system and cache.
- Go to “install zip from sdcard” > choose zip from sdcard” > select the ROM zip package. When prompted, select “yes” and flash it.
- Follow Step #14 again, and in exact same way flash the Gapps.zip.
- The “wipe dalvik cache” again.
- Finally, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system now”.
You will now be able to experience official CM10 support on your extremely powerful HTC Sensation. Congratulations! For user-friendly change logs and merges, visit BBQlog. To discuss CyanogenMod, visit the HTC Sensation CM Forum section.