Android Nougat has brought one of the most useful feature requests from users to the Android environment. The Multi Window or Split Screen feature is a useful feature which lets you use two apps on the screen at the same time. While some OEMs have already implemented the “Multi Window” feature on their devices, this is the first time it was built right into the OS. The LG V20 users can take complete advantage of this feature on their gigantic 5.7-inch display. So, today we will see how to enable Multi Window on LG V20.
To enable the Multi Window on LG V20, you don’t need to access any hidden menu or settings. It is already enabled by default, and you can use it directly. All you need to do is to know how to access the feature and use multiple apps on the screen. So, let’s see how you can enable multi-window on your device.
Enable Multi Window on LG V20
- On your LG V20, tap the square home key icon at the bottom of your screen. This will bring you the recent apps view on your device.
- You should see a double-window icon on the recent apps. Tap on the double-window icon on the app you want to open in the multi-window mode.
- This will open the app in the top half of the screen. The bottom half will show the recent apps; you can tap on any app to open in the bottom half.
- If you want to open a new app in the lower part of the screen, just tap on the home button. Now, you can choose any app to open in the bottom part.
That’s all you need to. However, you may have noticed that some of the apps like Twitter, Instagram won’t show the double-window icon. This is because some of the apps are not compatible with the Multi Window mode. But you can open any app in Multi Window mode using a simple trick. Just follow the below steps to open any app in Multi Window mode.
- Go to Settings » About phone » Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device.
- Then go back to Settings » Developer options » scroll down to the bottom and enable “Force activities to be re-sizable” option.
- Now, try to open any app in multi-window mode.
That’s it. So, you can now check your Facebook feed while enjoying your favorite video on YouTube.