Homescreen widgets have become a lot common for Android nowadays. Plenty of widgets are available in the Google Play Store, while many of them come pre-installed with the software of your Android device. One of most necessary widgets to make our lives easier is the Clock widget. There are two options for you to choose from – Either download a clock widget from the Google Play Store or just stick with the stock clock widget. We recommend you use the stock clock widget for a daily-basis on your Android device. But as we all know, to avoid lag, or glitches and bugs, the developer decides not to use any fancy animations, and colors on the clock widget.
If you are a proud user of the Xperia Z3, you may have noticed that the clock widget is quite boring and plain to look at. The clock widget on the Xperia Z3 is a very simple one, without any extra animations, or color schemes to it. In this situation, you may decide to boycott the stock clock application on the Z3, and download a new one from the Google Play Store, even if you are well aware of the not so top-notch performance of any third-party widgets. Wait! If you want to change the look of your Xperia Z3’s clock widget, then this guide is for you! In this guide, we’re going to share with you all an APK file, which will give a new look to your Xperia Z3’s clock widget. Make sure you follow the steps properly in order to successfully make the clock widget colorful.
- A Sony Xperia Z3 device (with Z3 launcher installed).
- Root access.
- Android OS 4.2 and above.
- Internet connection, to download the files.
- Depending on your Android version, download one of the files given above, and transfer it to your Xperia Z3’s internal storage.
- Now, make sure that there are no clock widgets enabled on the homescreen, which may interrupt the process.
- Now, head to Settings → Security, and check the ‘Unknown Sources‘ option.
- Now, open up the file manager and select the APK file you just downloaded and transferred to your device.
- Tap on Next, and then Install. The APK file should be installed like any other one.
- Once installed, reboot your Xperia Z3, and enjoy the color-full clock widgets!
Now, you get the amazing gorgeous looking clock widgets on your Xperia Z3. Note that this guide is mainly for the Xperia Z3, but you can install it on any other Android device, provided that you are using the Sony Xperia Z3 Launcher. If you’re not using an Xperia Z3 (But using its launcher), and want to configure the size of the Homescreen and the Lockscreen clock widget, follow this procedure. Note that the following procedure is only for the devices with a lower resolution than the Z3.
- An Android device running the stock Xperia Z3 Launcher.
- Internet connection.
- Root access.
- APK Decompiler to edit the values of the size of the widget in the APK file. Download.
- One of the following APK’s from the above download section.
- Download one of the APK files given above, depending on your Android version.
- Install the APK Decompiler application given above.
- Now decompile the APK file using the APK Decompiler.
- Navigate to res/value/dimens.xml
- Once you grant it root access, you need to change the following codes with dependence to your screen resolution.
dimen name="ls_date_text_size">14.0dip</dimen> <dimen name="ls_clock_digits_size">87.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="hs_date_text_size">13.0dip</dimen> <dimen name="hs_clock_digits_size">63.0dip</dimen>
Change the highlighted values to your custom values, which may depend on your screen’s resolution.
Using this guide, you can get awesome looking clock widgets for your Xperia Z3, or any other Android device running the Xperia Z3 Launcher. If you have any questions regarding this guide, feel free to leave a comment below!