WhatsApp is the favorite instant messaging app of millions of smartphone users, and in most countries, it has replaced the conventional method of texting. With amazing features like free texts, voice and video calls, it offers various methods to communicate with your loved ones. And, not only that, but it keeps improving day by day; bringing more useful features to help us communicate in a better way. One such feature is voice messages. Although it’s a very useful feature, it becomes difficult sometimes to listen to a voice message, especially if you are in a public place or in a meeting. Well, if you’ve ever found yourself in a similar situation, here’s an app for you that will convert voice messages into readable texts – Transcriber for WhatsApp.
How to use Transcriber for WhatsApp?
- First of all, download the app by visiting the Google play store on your Android smartphone. The link to this app is provided at the bottom of this article.
- Upon launching the app for the first time, you will see some information about the app along with some instructions.
- Once you are done with the welcome cards, you’ll be sent to the settings of the app. Well, the app has only one screen and that’s the settings menu screen.
- From the settings menu, you can setup the app according to your requirements. Here you can select the language in which you wish to convert the voice messages, choose whether to select a language before every conversion, detect a default language, conversion quality, etc.
- Once the app is set, open WhatsApp and go to the chat with a voice message that you want to convert. Tap and hold the voice message to select it. Then, tap on share icon at the top and select Transcriber from the list of options that appear.
- The app will now convert the voice message into readable text.
If you enable quick launch feature from the app settings, you can convert the voice messages into texts just by tapping the play button on the audio.
At the moment, Transcriber supports some popular languages like English, Hindi, Espanol, Francais, Deutsch, Portuguese, Italiano, etc. Support for more languages will soon be added.
While we are talking about voice messages on WhatsApp, here’s another neat trick you might not know: you can listen to the voice messages on WhatsApp from the earpiece of your phone rather than the speaker just by placing your phone near your ear; like you do when you are talking to someone.