Motorola released the latest smartphone in the Moto Z series which was the flagship series of the company for 2017. This smartphone was launched in the Moto Z2 series as the Moto Z series was launched in 2016 with the launch of Moto Z, Moto Z Force, and the Moto Z Play. Now, the Moto Z2 Force was launched earlier in 2017 in the United States on all the major carriers including T-Mobile. Now, the Moto Z2 Force is famously known for being extremely durable as the smartphone comes with a shatterproof display as well as a rugged build.
Also, the smartphone was launched with the latest version of Android available at the time of launch of the smartphone which was Android 7.1.1 Nougat and the latest version of Android was released by Google after the launch of the Moto Z2 Force. Therefore, the users of Moto Z2 Force started to wait anxiously for the update to latest version of Android, Android 8.0 Oreo. Also, Motorola announced the release of Android Oreo OTA update for the Moto Z2 Force in the United States and the Verizon network was the first to release the OTA update on their Moto Z2 Force.
Now, we have known that T-Mobile has also started to release the much-awaited Android Oreo update for the Moto Z2 Force. In terms of the release of the OTA update, it is worth noting that the update will be arriving as an over the air update to the Moto Z2 Force smartphones in the US on the T-Mobile carrier in the coming days.
Talking about the update to Android Oreo for T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force, there are two major changes that will be installed after the update. The first major change is that the smartphone will be updated to Android 8.0 Oreo after the update and the other change is that the security patch from December will also be installed on the phone which is from December 1, 2017. The full changelog of the Android Oreo update for T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force has been attached below. Along with that, you can scroll below to update your smartphone manually to the Android Oreo update as we have received the captured OTA file thanks to XDA Senior Member joemossjr.
- Android 8.0 Oreo upgrade
- Android security updates through December 1, 2017
- You need to have your device’s bootloader locked and your device should not be rooted and it should be running the Stock ROM which was pre-installed on the phone
- Also, you need to have your smartphone’s battery above 50% at least, to start this installation process
- You also need to have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. In order to install this, you have to follow this tutorial to install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC
Steps to Install Android Oreo OTA update on T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force
- First of all, make sure to read and follow all the steps that have been mentioned in the Prerequisites section properly and note that all the steps are mandatory in order to have a safe installation of the OTA update on your device.
- After completing all the Prerequisite steps, connect your smartphone to the PC via a USB cable and open the folder where you have ADB and Fastboot installed.
- After this, turn off your smartphone completely and press Volume Down and Power button at the same time for 2-3 seconds to boot your Moto Z2 Force into Recovery mode
- Note that you might see a Dead Android logo before entering the Recovery mode. This is normal behavior on all the Moto Z2 Force smartphones and you will have to press Power and Volume Up button for less than a second to enter the Recovery mode
- After this, download the Android Oreo OTA update for the T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force mentioned in the Downloads section above
- Now, you will see an option in Recovery to Apply Update via ADB. Select this option on your smartphone and head back to your PC to open a Command Prompt window in the ADB folder
- In CMD window, type the following command and press enter
adb sideload [filename]
Note that the [filename] will be replaced by the original OTA filename and you can simply drag the file downloaded from above and drop it inside CMD to copy the entire file name.
- After this, you will see that the OTA update has started to install on your T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force and then you will see a verifying update and steps 1/2 on your smartphone.
- Now, the update will be installed and you will have to reboot your smartphone normally in order to return to the system.
- After rebooting, you will see that your smartphone has been updated to Official Android Oreo on your T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force
Make sure to follow all the steps properly and you will have successfully installed the OTA update on your T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force.
If you have any questions regarding this installation guide, comment with your questions below and we will try and solve them as soon as possible