A big new incremental OTA update hits the OnePlus X. The Oxygen OS OTA update v2.1.3 can be installed readily on the OnePlus X using the stock recovery. However, to manually update to the latest version, you need to be on the stock recovery.
However, if you have rooted your device then you can also install the OTA update using the TWRP listed in the download section. So rather than downloading the full ROM file, the TWRP by blu_spark onyx can flash the OTA updates with no issues. Get the latest one from the link.
What’s new with this update?
- SD card related improvements including:
- UX improvements
- exFAT SD card support
- Ability to move apps to and from SD card
- Fixed reboots caused by removing SD card in an active state
- Security patches
- General bug fixes and optimizations
Oxygen OX 2.1.3 OTA — Download | File: OnePlusOxygen_14_OTA_004-005_patch_201511232152.zip
TWRP blu_spark onyx — Download | File: blu_spark_r53-OOS-5.1.1_onyx_b41079c.zip
Install Oxygen OS 2.1.3 OTA Update with Stock Recovery
- Make sure you are on the latest Oxygen OS update prior to v2.1.3.
- Download the Oxygen OS 2.1.3 OTA zip file from the Download Section.
- Transfer the OTA zip file in your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, you need to boot your OnePlus X into Recovery Mode.
- Once your phone boots into Recovery Mode, Select Apply Updates and navigate to the OTA file you just saved on your phone.
- The installation process will start on your OnePlus X and take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is successful, it will automatically reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot system
If you have a rooted OnePlus X, then you can install the full ROM through TWRP. You can also install the OTA update with the TWRP listed in the download section. The TWRP by blu_spark onyx can flash the OTA updates as well instead of downloading the full ROM file.
If you install the full firmware, then this process may remove all your previous apps, data and system except for the internal storage. So a backup or nandroid backup is highly recommended.
Install Oxygen OS 2.1.3 Full ROM or OTA with TWRP Recovery
- Download the required ROM (full ROM) file for OnePlus X from the download section.
- Now transfer the ROM into your device’s internal storage. Place the file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into TWRP. To boot into TWRP, power off your phone and press and hold volume down button and power button at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on the backup option and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe the confirmation action to backup.
- Wiping System and Cache is recommended. After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then wipe Dalvik Cache, System and Cache. (If after the complete process system does not boot, try wiping the Data as well. But its will remove all your data)
- Go back to the TWRP main menu again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once you boot into the system, you can now enjoy the latest Oxygen OS v2.1.3 on your OnePlus X device. If the system does not boot, you can restore the backup from TWRP. If you have a query, comment down below.