Chainfire, the wonder developer behind the SuperSU which is the popular root tool which can be found on almost all Android devices now-a-days. Recently, Chainfire released the CF Auto Root for the Galaxy Note 4 which was not even released in most markets. Now its the Galaxy S5 Prime’s turn to get rooted.
The Galaxy S5 Prime is the revamped version of the original Galaxy S5 but with more powerful features. The full HD resolution on the S5 is increased to a vibrant Quad HD resolution and many more features were added. The device is not yet in the hands of public in most of the parts but the root for this device is already out.
The popular CF Auto Root mod is now available for the Galaxy S5 Prime with the model numbers G906K, G906L, G906S. For those of you who don’t know about CF Auto Root, it is a simple one click root mod that will root your device without any special skills. So if you ready to explore to the depths of your Galaxy S5 Prime, then let’s get on with the rooting guide.
This Guide is intended only for the Galaxy S5 Prime with the model No’s G906K, G906L and G906S, not for any other device of Samsung. Be extra cautious when you choose the root firmwares as flashing wrong firmwares might result in a bricked device.
Rooting and flashing firmwares will void your device warranty either temporarily or permanently. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
PREPARE YOUR DEVICE
- Charge your Galaxy S5 Primeabove 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging: Link
- Install Required USB Drivers: Link
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
Download the CF-Auto Root packages based on your Galaxy S5 Prime model number.
ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 PRIME
- Download the CF Auto Root package for your Galaxy S5 Prime and extract it to your PC. You’ll get an Odin flashable file in the .tar.md5 format.
- Flash the .tar.md5 using Odin. You can follow our exclusive guide on flashing firmware and CF-Auto-Root using Odin → Click Here
- During the CF Auto-root process, if the device is stuck at bootlogo, remove the battery and boot into recovery mode manually to start the rooting process.
That’s it! Your Galaxy S5 Prime is successfully rooted and you’re ready to use advanced applications on your device.
Leave your feedback in the comments section below.