It is said that rooting your Android devices gets you the key to the customization and tweaking. Really true! For most people, installing mods and custom ROMs is the best way to achieve custom visual and performance tweaking on their device. We root our devices, install a custom recovery and then start prowling for some good custom ROM that gives us the ultimate performance and customization. However, we must admit that most custom prepackaged ROMs come with predefined set of visual tweaking and you have to happy with it whether you like it or not. Can it be called the ultimate customization? Probably not, I’m afraid.
Android is the world of possibilities as our developers know well how to take advantage of root privileges add new potential to this amazing platform. With new custom frameworks and modules hitting Android everyday, finally we can expect something really awesome— the power has now begun being visited on to the user. Thanks to rovo89 for developing the Xposed Framework that creates the very environment where you can determine every bit and byte of the visual feel of your Android phone.
I have been writing pretty much about Xposed Framework and some nice modules for it nowadays. I am overwhelmed by its potential. Seriously!! To more about Xposed Framework and its modules, please follow the link given below:
The XBlast Tools module for the Xposed framework bring an extended and cohesive experience of theming for Android devices. With XBlast installed on your device, you are able to enjoy a host of options for customizing your phone or tablet device the way you want. You do not need to decompile, edit the PNGs and XMLs or recompile the corresponding APKs to apply visual changes. You can do it simply by playing with the options and parameters provided in the app.
Here is a list of some of the options offered by XBlast:
- Change the colors of battery, signal, clock, date, statusbar, notification items and text
- Add transparency to backgrounds and change background in Notification panel
- Add custom text and clocks
- Change fonts
- Change carrier name
- Enable or disable 180° rotation
- CRT effect for screen off
- Enable fullscreen caller picture
- Add or hide AM/PM in clock
- Enable or disable status bar during the full screen call
- Show RAM usage in Recent apps panel
- Center clock on statusbar
- Choose ticker and toast text color
- Select Daydream clock color, background or set custom text
- Show network speed on statusbar
- Button to clear all recent apps
- Build.prop tweaks
- Skip music tracks by long-pressing volume keys
- Add 4-way reboot option to device
- Lots more…
To be able to use XBlast on your Android phone or tablet, it must meet the following requirements:
- Xposed Framework installed
- Android 4.0.3 or up
How to Install:
Download XBlast Tools for Xposed framework for free from here, or purchase it from the Google Play Store:
To download and setup the latest Xposed Framework on your Android device and get more modules, head over to our detailed guide.