If you own the LG K10 and want to root your device, install Custom ROMs and kernels, tinker with software capabilities then the first thing you need to do is to unlock its bootloader.
So, here we will guide you through the procedure of unlocking the bootloader on LG K10 (K420N/K420DS). As we know, LG K10 requires some signature on recovery as that was the reason that every LG K10 was bricked when TWRP is flashed. The good thing to know is in this procedure, you will not get any secure boot error i.e. you can flash TWRP recovery on your device without bricking it. Now, let us go ahead with the procedure.
Unlock Bootloader on LG K10
The procedure described here have been tried and tested by the developer (pvineeth37), as well as many other users. By following our post, you agree that you understand the risks involved and will take full responsibility for whatever happens to your device. We have been extremely careful in describing the procedure below and we hope you follow it carefully. Do remember that this procedure will void your warranty.
- This method works for LG K10 K420N and K420DS. Do not try this on any other device. You might end up bricking your device.
- Make sure your LG K10 is rooted.
- Install LG USB Drivers on your PC before beginning with the procedure.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Settings-> Developer Options.
- Backup all your important data to your SD Card or PC.
- Do Charge your device up to 50-60% before starting the procedure.
- LG K10 ROM
- LG UP Software. For those who don’t know what LG UP is, LG UP is a Windows tool for flashing stock firmware on LG smartphones.
- Patched aboot file.
- LG USB Drivers
Steps for Unlocking the Bootloader
- Download the LG K10 ROM firmware from the above link on your PC.
- Next, download and install LG USB Drivers on your PC from the link given above.
- Now, download the LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_1_18.zip from the “LG UP Software” link given above.
- Connect the device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Start the LG UP software on your PC. You should see your device connected in LG UP software if LG UP does not recognize your device then take out the battery and insert it again while keeping the USB cable connected. Your device should restart and you would see your device as connected in the LG UP software.
- Now, flash the above downloaded LG K10 ROM firmware using LG UP software. Make sure that after selecting the ROM file, you choose the Refurbish option.
- If your device ain’t rooted, then root it using KingoRoot. After this, check the root status of your device. If your device is successfully rooted, proceed below. Root Checker Price: Free
- Next, download the Patched aboot file from the “Downloads” section above.
- Transfer this patched aboot file in /sdcard/folder.
- Make sure your device is connected to PC. Open the command prompt window.
- Type “adb shell”.
- To enter into the root shell, type “su”.
- Again type, “dd if=/sdcard/aboot_patched.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7”.
- Reboot your device by simply typing “reboot”.
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on LG K10.