October 29 is the date that you should mark in your calendar as the two great tech giants, Google and Microsoft, will be announcing something we have all been waiting impatiently for. We are not sure if this is just a coincidence or a strategic move on the part of Google to hold the “Playground Event” on the same date as Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 Event.
We have fresh reports from The Next Web and The Verge that Google will unveil at least three new devices, and some software improvements on Otc. 29. The new devices to be announced on the day are:
- The new LG Nexus 4 phone that will feature a quad-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm processor, 4.7-inch (1280 x 768) display, 2 GB RAM, 16GB storage, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 2100 mAh battery.
- The new Nexus 10 tablet by Samsung with a 10″ (2560×1600) high resolution display.
- A 3G version of the Nexus 7 with 32 GB storage.
The major software improvements and new features that will be added to the Android OS are:
- Huge improvements to Google Now
- Modified camera interface with horizontal and vertical movement support in Panorama mode by default.
- Improvements in Notifications panel will let you read the entire messages in the notification center
- User Interface improvements for tablets.
- And the keyboard will come with something similar to swype
- Multiple Profile feature to be added for the tablets.
- Introduction of the “Content on the Center” feature that will let you access the Google Play Store content from a widget on the homescreen.