Most screen recorders available for Android max out at either 30fps or 60fps. But thanks to a recent update, the Screen Recorder app now supports screen recording with 120fps. Screen Recorder has recently become one of the most popular screen recording apps on Android. This is because the application is lightweight yet packs in a ton of useful features like 120fps screen recording. If you have a device that has a 120Hz refresh rate, check out the best 120FPS Android games for phones with 120Hz display.
Moreover, it’s free to download and you do not have to pay to unlock any extra features. And to make the user experience better, there are no ads too. Thus, it’s easily the best screen recording application you can get on Android. Screen Recorder also has a bunch of other functions and options which we will talk more about later. Now let’s check out how to record the screen in 120fps with Screen Recorder.
120FPS Screen Recording in Screen Recorder
Screen Recorder supports recording the screen at different frame rates. Follow the steps below to change the screen recording frame rate within the app.
- Download and install Screen Recorder from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and tap on Accept or Allow to grant it from using the device storage. It is necessary to grant the app permission to use the storage for it to work.
- Swipe in from the left edge of your screen or tap on the hamburger menu at the top left.
- Tap on Settings to open the application’s settings.
- Under the Video Settings category, tap on Frame rate.
- To record the screen at 120 frames per second, select 120fps. This will enable screen recording with 120fps.
Record the screen via Screen Recorder
Now that you’ve enabled the option to record the screen in 120 frames per second, follow the steps below to begin recording your phone’s screen.
- Head back to the homescreen of the app.
- Tap on the Record icon located in the bottom right of the screen.
- Grant the necessary permissions and tap on Allow to begin recording your phone’s screen.
- You can pull down the notification panel to Pause or Stop the screen recording.
The screen recordings will automatically be saved to your Gallery app and you can also view it within the application. As we mentioned at the start, Screen Recorder has a bunch of other useful features. This includes the option to change the bitrate too. Therefore, if you need the best quality recording, change the bitrate to the highest available option which is 40 Mbps. Although, it’s worth noting that doing this will drastically increase the size of the video file.
Additionally, the app also lets you change the audio bitrate and the audio sample rate when recording the screen. To personalize your screen recordings, you can even add a custom text banner and logo image. These are only some of the features you get with the app apart from its screen recording with 120fps option.