Xiaomi MIUI has recently updated their awesome home replacement app MiHome Launcher for non-MIUI Android devices. It has now reached to version 1.7. The MiHome Launcher app is compatible with all phones with Android OS version 2.3 and up. The new version has added support for MIUI Free Desktop themes which can be enjoyed only devices on Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
If you fascinated by the beauty of MIUI ROM and want to enjoy it on your Android phone without having flashed it, this is what you need. Since it is just a launcher like any other, you can only have the home screen and lock screen.
Features of the MiHome Launcher
- Fast and easy to use
- All apps are on the home screen
- Freedom to choose from thousands of themes available for free
- Support for up to 10 home screens
- MiLocker Inside: Unlock your phone as you like it
- Change settings by one touch
- Fancy Homescren transition effect
- Supports MIUI’s all-new Free Desktop features (only for ICS and JB)
How to Use
- Copy the MiHome2_1_7_0_100_1.apk to your device by connecting it to PC via USB.
- Install the app and launch it. Just press the Home button on your device to switch launchers any time.
- Download your favorite MIUI themes from here and copy the file with .mtz extension to MIUI/Theme folder
- Open MiHome settings, select a theme and apply.
Since MiHome Launcher is not availbale any more, you can try Mint Launcher by Xiaomi.[googleplay url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mi.android.go.globallauncher”]
Read Next: 10 Best Substratum Themes for Android