Lenovo’s latest device, the Tab3 8 Plus tablet has been spotted on the popular benchmark testing platform Geekbench. Here, the device was sighted using some specifications that are in tune with previous rumors flying about the product.
Lenovo is yet to officially announce the device, but thanks to the internet and how it works we were able to get very early sneak peeks at the tablet’s design and specifications. It looks like the company is preparing a pretty sturdy tablet solution. While we would need the full specifications list to make a competent judgment, we can at the very least anticipate positive reactions based on what we know.
- The software side is assured by Google’s Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system;
- An 8 inch display with a max resolution of 1920 x 1200 will be honing the front panel of the device. Inside the tablet there’s an octa core processor,
- The Snapdragon 625 is clocked at 2 GHz and works with the procured 3 GB of RAM to provide a smooth experience,
- The battery is a 4250 mAh unit that cannot be removed, while the internal storage capacity varies between 16,32 and 64 GB,
- This capacity can be boosted through a microSD card. There is also an 8 MP – 5MP camera duo providing photographic assistance to users.
All roads lead to Barcelona
While there is no official release date available, it is worth keeping in mind that the annual MWC event will soon be hosted in Barcelona, Spain. Here, all the top manufacturers will showcase their latest projects and will give fans a rundown of what’s to come in 2017. There is a high chance that Lenovo will use this event to bring us more news about the Tab3 8 Plus.
There are several tablets and hybrid computers making their way to MWC, so Lenovo will have tough competition ahead. This will also heavily depend on what price category Lenovo is aiming to launch this tablet in. Whether it will be marketed as a budget tablet or not makes a great difference.