AI-based image generation services have won the hearts of users of different backgrounds in all countries of the world. Among the most popular services are Midjourney and Stable Diffusion. Based on them, you can create an incredible AI selfie generator. However, many do not know how to correctly explain their request for the service. In this article, we will look at how to create the right queries for neural networks in order to get the desired result. This article will be useful for both ordinary users and people who take part in the development of a product based on such a service.
The Right Request Is The Key to Success
You come up with an idea, enter a query for Midjourney or Stable Diffusion, press a button, and see the result. But it turns out not at all what you imagined. The picture may look perfect in your head, but the AI doesn’t understand you. In order not to spend hours generating hundreds of images to get the one you want, you need to learn how to properly create queries.
How to Create The Right Query For a Neural Network?
The general principles of writing queries are the same in any neural network. Let’s take a step-by-step walkthrough of the querying process, adding the details that will allow you to achieve the perfect result.
You Need to Make a Simple Request
In fact, one or two words are enough to generate a picture. And these results are also of high quality. But if you enter a couple of words without additional parameters, then the neural network will randomly “think up” the rest of the details. Therefore, it is better to use basic knowledge to develop the query into a more complex one.
- An object. This is the basis of almost any request. This object will be in the center of the entire image. It is obvious that in the first place, it is necessary to invent it. For example, a cat, a wizard, a priest, an angel, an emperor, a rock star, a city, a queen, a house, a temple, a farm, a car, a landscape, a mountain, or a river.
Neural networks are trained on a huge database of images from the network. There are a lot of pictures of this type on the Internet, so neural networks can easily generate them. However, if you enter only one object in the query, then the results are unlikely to please you with variety. So try, for example, to combine two objects and get an unusual concept: a gamer cat, a cyberpunk monk, etc. Ideas can also be combined through prepositions. For example, “Harry Potter made of metal”, “Harry Potter like the Queen of England”, or “Harry Potter looks like a wolf.”
- The number of objects. If you want the image to have several objects, then specify their number. Instead of “wizards in the office” write “three wizards in the office.” If you use the plural without specifying a value, then the neural network will generate a random number of wizards.
With a large number of specific objects, for example, more than five or six, neural networks can hardly cope. In such cases, you can immediately ask to generate a “crowd of wizards”.
- Abstraction. In addition to real objects, neural networks can generate abstract concepts like time, fate, happiness, or the meaning of life.
It is important to strike a balance here, since an excess of details will overload the system, so the final drawing will be far from the idea. Here are the basic details you can add to your request.
- Actions. Formulate the action so that it can be clearly reflected in the picture.
- Descriptions. Adjectives greatly enhance the image. They allow you to set the mood for a character or scene.
- Colors. You can refine the overall color palette or the color of specific details. For example, that the vase on the table should be blue.
- Synonyms. Do not be afraid to repeat yourself in requests. This is how the neural network will try to understand what you are most striving for.
- Links to platforms. The AI community has discovered several key terms that help improve the image. The neural network is trained on pictures from the Internet, so mentioning specific services will help achieve a similar result.
Neural networks are trained on a huge number of artistic styles, the work of specific people, various aesthetics, and time periods. Thousands of styles are already known, which can be specified in the request and exactly get an acceptable result. You can generate a gamer cat in the aesthetic of noir, gothic, modern art, fantasy, manga, pixel art, surrealism, or any other art style.
- Mix styles. You can add two styles to the query at once to get an unusual result. For example, cyberpunk and pixel art.
- Specify an artist. Choose specific people whose style you like.
- Select an object transformation. Please indicate in the request what form of art you need – painting, poster, photography, sculpture, mosaic, tattoo, puzzle, embroidery, etc.
You can not only write requests in text, but also attach a picture as a reference. To do this, just upload an image or share a link to it.
- Stylize a real photo with an AI selfie generator. You can even try uploading your own selfie and experimenting with the styles from the previous step.
- Blend two pictures at once. In this case, the neural network will automatically mix the two images, taking half of the characteristics from each. Unfortunately, there is no way to customize which elements to borrow from each photo.
- Use already generated images as a reference for new generations.
Neural networks have short commands that allow you to quickly change the resolution of the sides of the image, enhance stylization or add abstraction. Each service has its own.
AI image generation is a very exciting activity. Such services are popular with content makers, itchers, and marketers. Developing an AI-based selfie generator can be a profitable business for you. If you are interested in this idea, you can make it a reality with Perpetio. Since 2014, the company has been developing modern IT solutions for iOS and Android.
Join The Discussion: