Honor which is a Huawei subsidiary has come out with Honor 8, a device that has garnered an impressive following since its debut. The device appealed to a large crowd and as a result, people having been paying close attention to any rumor that might bring news of a possible successor for the device.
In this regard, the first hints at a new Honor handset have been uncovered. A new Honor device bearing the model number DUK-TL30 has been sighted. The location is not a benchmarking application as it has become usual in this recent period, but on TENAA. For all those confused, which surely are a lot, TENAA is the electronics regulatory agency from China. Some of the features that will be available for the handset were also uncovered. For the remainder of this article we will also look into the specs and what can we expect from the device, which for now we will dub Honor 9.
“Honor 9” specifications
- To start things off, Android Nougat is in the house fresh off the bat for the new Honor phone;
- The handset will be arriving with a 5.7 inch display using QHD tech and providing a 2560 x 1440 resolution;
- There will also be an octa core processing unit clocked at 2.4 GHz, which surely will satisfy those that run even the most processor demanding apps available;
- In terms of RAM, the new device packs 6 GB and will take care of any memory related issues previous phones might have brought you;
- The internal storage capacity will be capped at 128 GB and through a microSD card can gain another 128 GB;
- The rear panel of the device will feature a dual setup comprised of a main 12 MP shooter and a secondary lens with 2 MP;
- All these features will be kept running by the more than capable 3900 mAh battery unit.
It looks like there are definitely some improvements when comparing this phone to the previously released Honor 8. While other important elements such as the GPU or even price tag aren’t yet available, more information is bound to emerge and we might even get an official announcement.