Technology is still developing, and with it, new threats are emerging. Concern over cybersecurity is rising among both individuals and corporations as well as organizations. Malware and viruses have become more prevalent due to our increased reliance on computers and the internet. One moniker that has drawn the interest of many users is “ESN Sonar.”
The cybersecurity community has been debating and speculating about ESN Sonar. While some contend it’s a virus or malware that may compromise a system’s security and privacy, others assert that it’s a genuine piece of software that accomplishes a specified task.
In this article we will delve into the world of ESN Sonar, explore its origins, functionalities, and controversies surrounding it, and try to answer the burning question – Is ESN Sonar a virus or spyware, and how to uninstall ESN Sonar program? Let’s uncover the truth behind this enigmatic software and shed light on the ongoing debate.
What is ESN Sonar Program?
ESN Sonar is a software program developed by ESN Technologies that is primarily used as an add-on for Battlefield games to enable a voice chat module. It allows players to communicate with each other in-game using low-latency audio transfer, minimizing delays in audio transmission.
- The program is designed to work with Windows operating systems, such as Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, and it may require an exception to be added to the Windows Firewall exception program files for proper functioning.
- ESN Sonar is a relatively small program, with a main executable file called Sonarhost.exe, which is approximately 2.34 MB in size and typically includes seven folders.
- It is commonly used in conjunction with Battlelog and Battlefield games and its user base is primarily located in France, Germany, and the ea United States.
- It’s important to note that there may be other software applications with similar names developed by different companies, serving different purposes. Therefore, it’s crucial to verify the authenticity and legitimacy of any popular programs, obtain it from a trusted source, and use it in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Additionally, users should be mindful of potential security risks and privacy concerns associated with any software application and take appropriate measures to protect their system and data.
An executable file called SonarHost.exe is a component of the ESN Sonar API, a piece of software created by ESN AB. The program’s most recent iteration for Windows operating systems is 0.70.4. The .exe files extension identifies executable files.
While executable files are required for some software packages to run properly, it’s vital to keep in mind that they might also pose a risk to users’ computers. It is therefore advised to exercise caution and confirm the file’s validity and safety before downloading or installing it on your computer.
ESN Social Software AB
ESN Social Software AB is a Swedish software development firm situated in Uppsala. The company focuses on web and web-centric games and has created the world’s web platform for web app deployment, development, and scalability.
ESN Social Software AB also provides a push service called Beaconpush, which allows web programs that use WebSockets, Comets, or HTML5 to include audio communications on their websites. The company has been a subsidiary of Electronic Arts Inc., a multinational video game corporation, since July 2012.
Can We Uninstall the ESN Sonar App?
You have the choice to uninstall the ESN Sonar app from your computer if you do not utilize the voice service feature of Battlefield or any other features it offers. On Windows operating systems, this can be accomplished via the regular uninstallation procedure.
- On your Windows PC, navigate to the Window’s control panel and choose the “Programs and Features” option.
- The ESN Sonar software may then be found in the list of installed programs, selected, and the Uninstall option can be chosen. To finish the uninstallation procedure, adhere to the instructions.
- It’s important to note that uninstalling the ESN Sonar app will not affect any in-game features of Battlefield or other applications, as long as you do not rely on the app for any specific functionalities.
However, it’s always recommended to back up any important data before uninstalling any software to avoid potential data loss.
If you encounter any issues or application error messages during the uninstallation process, it may be due to missing components or other technical inconveniences. In such cases, you may need to seek further assistance from technical support or refer to the app’s documentation for troubleshooting steps.
How to Uninstall ESN Sonar?
You can follow these detailed steps for the removal of the ESN Sonar plugin from your computer/desktop:
Step 1: Launch the Control Panel
There are several ways to launch the window’s Control Panel on google chrome, including typing its name into the system Windows search box, picking it from the Start menu, or pressing the Windows button + X on the keyboard to bring up a side menu.
Step 2: Access Programs and Features
In the Control Panel window, look for the “Programs” or “Programs and Features” option and click on it using your mouse to display a list of the programs that have been installed on your computer.
Step 3: Find ESN Sonar
Find the ESN Sonar app by scrolling through the list of installed apps or using the search bar.
Step 4: Choose ESN Sonar
After finding the ESN Sonar app, click on it to make it stand out.
Step 5: Start the Uninstallation
Click the “Uninstall button or “Remove” button, which may be visible above the installed programs list or in a right-click context menu on the top of the screen. This will start the ESN Sonar app’s uninstalling procedure.
Step 6: Follow Instructions
During the uninstallation process, follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen. These could include requests for confirmation, alerts, and choices for different settings.
Step 7: Complete Uninstallation
Once the uninstallation process is complete you may be prompted to restart your computer to fully remove the app. It is recommended to restart your computer to ensure that all traces of the app are removed and let system restore its working apps.
ESN Sonar Removal When Using Antivirus Software
Malware that poses as legitimate computer programs can be difficult to eradicate in today’s digital world. Trojans and spyware are frequently used by these dangerous applications to enter systems, making it challenging to find and remove them.
Additionally, because they frequently come packed with freeware software like video recorders, games, or PDF converters, adware programs or potentially unwanted programs can be difficult to get rid of.
These programs pose a constant threat to your system because they can avoid detection by anti-virus software. It’s important to evaluate the chance that ESN Sonar may be malware and take the necessary actions to remove it using antivirus software if you find it difficult to uninstall it like other software.
ESN Sonar Error Messages
Here are some common error messages related to Sonarhost.exe, an application associated with ESN Sonar:
- Sonarhost.exe application error
- Sonarhost.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Sonarhost.exe failed.
- Error starting program: sonarhost.exe
- Faulting Application Path: sonarhost.exe
- SonarHost.exe not found.
- Sonarhost.exe is not running.
- Sonarhost.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Lastly, the ESN Sonar app is a piece of software created by ESN AB that is often used for voice chat in Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 games. However, if you do not utilize this feature or do not require the app, you can uninstall it from your computer.
To ensure that all traces of the software are deleted from your system, follow the prompts and complete the uninstallation procedure completely. As with any software uninstallation, it’s a good idea to back up vital data and get technical assistance if you run into any problems.