It seems that T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv is the latest smartphone that has received the January security update. It seems that BlackBerry has risen very fast and it is now one of the first smartphone makers that push security updates to their devices.
BlackBerry Priv: Android January Security Patch
BlackBerry has announced early this month that it has already started seeding the January Android security update to its devices that run on Android OS. We remind you that this update was firstly released only for the BlackBerry Android smartphones purchased via the OEM’s own online store, which means that the carrier versions of the handset were left behind for the security update.
We should mention that it didn’t take long for the U.S. carriers to release the update for all BlackBerry Android devices and the latest one that has just received it is the BlackBerry Priv on T-Mobile.
The BlackBerry Priv (“uncarrier” version) is currently running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with build number AAI459. This update brings a few fixes along with the latest January Security patch, but it doesn’t bring any new improvements or features.
Since T-Mobile has released the last two monthly Android security patches for December and January on December 13 and January 17, the next security patch will most likely release sometime in the middle of February 2017.
BlackBerry Priv: Specifications
- Dimensions: 147 x 77.2 x 4 mm;
- Weight: 192 grams;
- Display: 5.4-inch that supports a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels at 540 ppi;
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808;
- Processor: dual-core Cortex A57 CPU clocked at 1.8GHz and a dual-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.4GHz;
- RAM: 3GB;
- Graphics card: Adreno 418;
- Internal Storage: 32GB;
- Memory card: microSD card up to 256GB;
- Cameras: a primary camera of 18MP and a secondary camera of 2MP;
- Battery: non-removable Li-Ion 3410 mAh.