If you ever have more than one account on your Android phone and find yourself wanting to either remove that account or add another one instead then it can be quite a complex process. Fortunately, help is at hand, and with this simple tutorial you can sign out in no time.
Steps to Sign Out of Google Account on Android
If you want to sign out from your Android phone, you can do it in just a few simple steps:
- Go to device Settings.
- Scroll down to “Accounts” or “Accounts and Sync”.
- Tap “Google” (or any other account, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, etc., you wish to sign out from).
- Now tap the Gmail ID you want to sign off.
- On the next screen, tap the 3-dot menu icon or “More” option (on Samsung devices) found at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then select “Remove” or “Remove account” option.
Note that you may not be able to do this if you have set this email address as your main email address for your account, since it’s likely that Google Play will use this account. If you wish to remove your main account, then your only option is to factory reset your device. Fortunately, here at DroidViews we have some guides on how to do this.
Signing Off a Google Account Remotely
If you’ve had your phone stolen, then you may wish to use this method. You can easily Remove a Device.
You can do this in just a few simple steps:
- Go to “www.myaccount.google.com”
- Click on “Device activity & notifications”
- Click on “Review Devices”. Here, you will be able to see all the devices you’re signed into (including the one that you’re on now).
- Finally, click on the device that you wish to sign out from, and click “Remove” account access. This will effectively sign you out.
From the screen you are presented with on Step 4, you will also be able to track the location of your device (I have removed it from the screenshot for privacy reasons), and when the device was last used as well.
So there you have it, guys, two simple ways to sign out from your Android device, either directly from your phone or from another device. Although there is another method where you can sign out through Android Device Manager, this has usually given inaccurate location results and “last used” results for me, even suggesting Antarctica at one point! Therefore, I recommend the “My account” step if you’re accessing it from any other device.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any other methods that you prefer to use, or another app that may also do the job. I’d love to hear from you!