LG, the South Korean smartphone manufacturer has finally released the official Android 7.0 Nougat update to the LG G4 units in its home country. If you own an LG G4 and live in Korea then you should see the OTA update on your phone. The update comes as version 30C for the F500K variant and 30B for the F500L and F500s models which are all Korean variants. In case you haven’t received the update yet, or if you are already rocking a Nougat based custom ROM and would like to come back to the stock LG firmware, we have the official Nougat update KDZ files for you to download and also the instructions to flash Nougat firmware on LG G4.
LG G4 makes the third device in a row to be receiving the Nougat update from the company after the LG G5 and LG V20. The global variant of the G4 (H815) should soon receive a similar update as well, hopefully within this month. This also includes the US carrier variants from AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile.
- The firmware files listed below are only for the above stated LG G4 variants. Do not try to flash them on any other devices unless you do want to brick them for some reason.
- The process listed below will wipe all your data, potentially including the internal storage as well. Ensure you have a back up of all your data.
- It is advised that your phone should have at least 50% to 60% of battery left so as to prevent any accidental shut down in-between the process.
- DroidViews not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Make sure you have the necessary LG USB drivers installed on your PC.
Download Firmware KDZ files
- Download LG G4 F500K Android 7.0 Nougat firmware (.kdz) | Mirror Link
- Download LG G4 F500L Android 7.0 Nougat firmware (.kdz) | Mirror Link
- Download LG G4 F500S Android 7.0 Nougat firmware (.kdz) | Mirror Link
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat KDZ on the LG G4
- Download LGUP from the Download section above and install it on your PC.
- Run LGUP tool and the copy the folder common to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model.
- Now you will need to boot your LG G4 into download mode. To do this first turn off your phone. Now press and hold the Volume Up button. Connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable while holding the Volume Up button.
- You should see Firmware Update written on top of your screen now as your phone boots into download mode.
- Click on the Upgrade radio button on LGUP and select the KDZ file you’ve downloaded.
- Now click on the Start button and the flashing process should begin.
- After successful completion of the process, disconnect your phone and perform a factory reset (optional).
When you boot your phone up again, it should boot into a sweeter, newer Android.
This article was last modified on July 22, 2017, 2:16 pm