The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update has finally started to roll out for T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 users in the United States. The firmware was due for more than a month but the wait is over now. It’s your turn to taste the fresh flavor of Jelly Bean.
The new update is already being pushed via Over-the-Air and the users will be receiving it in phases. In case, you have not yet got the update notification on your phone, you can request it from Settings> About> Software Update. Please note that if you have rooted your phone, or installed a custom firmware on it, you will not be able to avail the OTA update. If this is the case, you can still update your Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 by installing the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware manually by using Odin.
Having upgraded to Android 4.1.2, you will be able to enjoy a host of new improvements and features. Some of the new changes that you will notice are as follows:
- Google Now: to access fast, press and hold the options button (left), or put a search widget on homescreen
- Notification Panel: with new look and editable toggles and actionable notifications.
- Project Butter will boost the device with better performance and great stability
- Nature UX TouchWiz with new improvements
- Lockscreen: with app shortcuts, Facebook Ticker and other customization options
- 2 Homescreen modes: Basic Mode and Easy Mode (see Settings> Homescreen)
- Blocking Mode
- Some New Apps: Google+, Google Talk, Group Cast, Music Hub, Video Hub, Play Books, Play Movies
- Camera: many new features and inprovements added
- New Widgets: added from Galaxy S3
- New Features: Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- The whole UI will be revamped and will look much similar to that of Galaxy S3
Download Firmware: T989UVMC6_T989TMBMC6_TMB.zip
How to Install:
Download the firmware file in zip, extract it on your computer and install using Odin. For detailed installation procedure, read this Tutorial.