The Galaxy Grand DUOS is a new high-end DUOS smartphone from Samsung that was launched about a month ago. The phone sports 5” LCD display with a resolution of 480 X 800 screen, 1.2 dual-core processor, 8 megapixel back camera, 2 megapixel front camera, and 3G, Wi-Fi. It was released with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean out of the box.
The phone was released to provide a competent high-end dual SIM phone in the Asian markets where such phones have a great demand. Samsung has now started the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update roll out for the Galaxy Grand DUOS GT-I9082. The update should now be available to the users of this phone in Russia and India and will be pushed to other countries in phases. To upgrade your phone to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware, check Samsung Kies (Kies -> Select Tools -> Select Firmware Upgrade and Initialization -> Enter Model), or from device Settings> About> Software Update.
Both the available firmware are for the international version of the Galaxy Grand DUOS GT-I9082, and therefore they can be installed on any phone that is not carrier branded, irrespective of country and region.
Download and Install:
Those who have not got the update yet, can download the firmware from the link below and install it manually using the Odin firmware flasher.
Sri Lanka: I9082XXAMB3_I9082ODDMB2_SLK.zip
South Africa: I9082XXAMA9_I9082OJVALL5_XFE.zip
Saudi Arabia: I9082XXAMA9_I9082OJVALL5_KSA.zip
United Arab Emirates: I9082XXAMA4_I9082OJVALL5_XSG.zip
How to Install Official Firmware on Galaxy Grand DUOS:
- Download the firmware from the link above and unzip it.
- Download Odin flasher for Galaxy Grand: Odin3_v3.04.zip
- Download and install either Samsung Kies or USB Drivers on your computer. If you have installed Kies, make sure it is not open while flashing the firmware.
- Boot your device into Download Mode: Volume Down+Home+Power keys. The next screen will prompt you to press the Volume Up key to proceed to the Download mode (see below).
- Now double click on the Odin3 v3.04.exe file to run the Odin3 flasher program.
- Connect you phone to your computer via USB cable.
- You should see the ID:COM port at Odin3 turn Blue and “Added” text at the Message box below. This shows that your phone has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked on the Odin.
- Now click on the PDA button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click on the Start button and and let Odin do its job. The installation will begin and will not take much time.
- When it is finished, you would see “PASS!” message on ID:COM port with green background.
- Your phone should reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from the computer.
Enjoy the newly installed Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS GT-I9082 and do not forget to share ith us how it went for you.