ZTE Axon 7 is an Android smartphone based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat. It was announced in May of 2016 and released in June of 2016. Boasting of a 5.5 inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, it has a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels (~538 ppi pixel density). Axon 7 is based on MiFavor UI 4.0 and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. It has a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset, a Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU and Adreno 530 GPU. ZTE Axon 7 has an internal memory of 64 GB and a 4 GB RAM. It also has a hybrid SIM card slot which can also be used as an SD card slot.
Now, with these specifications, one can expect what a great performance this phone will provide. And what will happen when we root ZTE Axon 7, provide SuperSU permissions and install a Custom ROM. Yes, the device will perform outstandingly well. Thinking of that, much-inexperienced users try to perform these tasks and brick their devices by performing the process incorrectly.
Once a device is bricked it is common sense to know that it won’t boot properly. But with the advancements in developments of Android tools, bricked devices are a thing of past. Unbricking nowadays is easy. Recognized XDA developer jcadduono have developed a method to unbrick ZTE Axon 7 by flashing the official firmware in EDL mode (Emergency DL mode). Here, we will try to explain this method in a detailed way.
How To Unbrick ZTE Axon 7
I have been extremely careful in describing the procedure below and I hope you follow it carefully. We, at DroidViews, are not responsible for anything that happens to your device as a result of following the procedure incorrectly. If you are okay with this, then go ahead with the tutorial.
- This procedure is only for A2017U (North America) and A2017 (China) models. Do not attempt this on A2017G.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging on your device by heading to Settings-> Developers Options-> OEM Unlocking. If you are not able to view Developers options in your Settings menu, then navigate to Settings-> About phone-> Tap “Build number” 7 times and Developers Option will appear in Settings menu.
- Make sure your Bootloader is unlocked.
- Charge your device up to 60% before starting this procedure.
- Install proper USB Drivers of ZTE Axon 7 on your PC.
- Make sure you have unlocked Bootloader on your ZTE Axon 7. If you haven’t, then refer the Unlock Bootloader section of the guide below.
Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root ZTE Axon 7
- Connect your device to PC.
- Next, download the Qualcomm QUSB_BULK Drivers from the “Downloads” section and extract it in a folder. Name the folder as “Qualcomm QUSB_BULK Drivers”.
- In the “Qualcomm QUSB_BULK Drivers” folder, right click on qcser.inf and click on Install.
- After the drivers are installed, your device will be recognized as a COM port known as “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008”. This specifies that your device is connected to PC.
- Next, Download MiFlash Installer from the “Downloads” section and set it up on your PC.
- Open MiFlash Installer and select the ZTE Axon 7 Full Nougat Firmware B15 which you downloaded above.
- Boot your ZTE Axon 7 in EDL mode by pressing Volume Up+Volume Down+Power Button together until you are stuck on a black screen.
Flash the firmware by clicking “Flash”.
That’s it! After the flash is completed, you will be successfully able to recover from the brick and use your ZTE Axon 7 normally. For any queries, drop down a comment below.
This article was last modified on February 14, 2017, 5:36 pm