Samsung Galaxy Chat GT-B5330 was released back in August 2012. The device is one of its kind and introduced a new segment of Android phones with QWERTY keyboard. The phone is for those who do a lot of texting and chatting on phones. The Galaxy Chat has 3″ inch screen with 240 x 320 px resolution and multi-touch support, single core 850 MHz processor, 1200 mAh battery, 2MP camera, A-GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth V3.0.
The Galaxy Chat was released with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich and now it’s time to make your Chat with some Jelly Bean as Samsung has started the Android 4.1.2 firmware update for the phone. Needless to mention that it is a major update that will bring a host of new features and improvements to your device. The new update will add the following new features to your Galaxy Chat: Google Now, smoother and faster UI (thanks to the Project Butter), new actionable and expandable notification panel with editable toggle shortcuts, Page Buddy and so on.
The Android 4.1.2 firmware update for the Galaxy Chat is currently available to the users of the device in Spain. However, being an unbranded firmware, it can be flashed on any Galaxy Chat with model number B5330 that is not locked to a network operator. This means that you can install the firmware manually even if you do not belong to Spain.
Download Android 4.1.2 Firmware for Galaxy Chat:
You can download the Android 4.1.2 firmware from below. We’ll keep updating the post with links for more countries as they arrive.
Czech Republic (T-Mobile): TMZ-B5330XXUBMF2-20130926171628.zip
Bosnia Herzegovina: 3IE-B5330XWALI4-20120929162531.zip
Romania (Cosmote): COA-B5330XXUBME1-20130515113019.zip
Poland (Plus): PLS-B5330XXUBME1-20130515115044.zip
Spain (Movistar): XEC-B5330XXUBMF2-20130819160658.zip
Ireland (Meteor): MET-B5330XXUBME2-20130729135351.zip
How to Install:
Here is how you can install any official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Chat.
- Download the firmware file from above and extract the zip on your desktop.
- Download the Odin flasher tool and extract the zip: Odin3-v3.07_Droidviews.zip
- Download and install either Samsung Kies or Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- Charge your Galaxy Chat to at least 60% of battery level.
- Updating you device will not delete any data from your device but we would still recommend you to backup all essential data such as contacts, call-logs, messages, apps, bookmarks, etc with the help of these free apps.
- Next, turn on USB Debugging on your phone: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging.
- Now turn off your Galaxy Chat and boot it into Download/Odin mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down + Center (OK) + Power keys simultaneously for a few seconds. When you see the warning screen, press the Volume Up key to enter Download Mode.
- Launch Odin from the extracted folder.
- Connect you phone to the PC using a USB cable and wait till the ID:COM port at Odin turns blue.
- Now click the PDA button, and select the .tar.md5 file found inside the extracted firmware folder.
- Also make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F Reset Time” are checked on Odin.
- When you are sure that everything is fine, click the Start button.
- The firmware installation will start now and will take a few minutes to complete.
When it is finished, you will see PASS!! message at Odin. The device will reboot now. Disconnect the cable and wait till your phone boots. Go to Settings> About and check if you can see the Android 4.1.2 there. If yes, pat your back and enjoy the new firmware!