Rooting an has just become a fashion among Android phone users. Since Android is an open source Operating System for mobile devices, it is always open to the disposal of developers to customize, modify and further developing. Moreover, rooting gives you even more command over your device by giving you access to system files and folders. If you have a rooted Android phone, you can install certain apps that need root access. However, the greatest aspect of rooting is that it paves your way towards installing a custom ROM with features and updates that are never made available officially by your phone’s manufacturer.
As rooting is very popular among Android phone owners, new methods and tools are being devised by developers making the rooting procedure safer and easier. One of such good tools is the SuperOneClick by Shortfuse. In the present tutorial we shall learn to root an Android phone with the help of SuperOneClick rooting tool by Shortfuse. Belive us, this is one of the easiest way to root your Android. This tool boasts of capability to root almost all Android phone. Just follow some easy steps and you will have a rooted Android.
Warning: Rooting your device would void its warranty, and might brick your phone if the instructions are not followed carefully.
Before you start, please note that the SuperOneClick tool only works on computers with Microsoft .NetFramework 2.0 installed on it. If you have not installed it yet, download it from here: Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
- Download SuperOneClickv2.2-ShortFuse
- Open phone Settings option and enable USB Debugging mode from Applicatios>Development>USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to PC but do not mount the SD card.
- Now run the SuperOneClick.exe on your computer.
- If you are rooting a device like Nexus One, Galaxy S, Droid, etc., Click on Universal tab. And, if you have Samsung Captivate, click on the Samsung Captivate Tab.
- Now click on the root tab and wait for the process to finish.
Please, not that the SuperOneClick tool can not root the following HTC Android phones. You can root them by using Unrevoked Tool.
- Sprint EVO 4G (HTC Supersonic)
- Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
- HTC Desire GSM
- HTC Desire CDMA (HTC BravoC)
- HTC Aria
- Droid Eris (HTC DesireC)
- HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)