There are certain Android smartphones which are showcased and forgotten since they do not belong to the most popular series of the respective OEM. However, that does not mean you have to feel left-out. The LG G Vista is one such smartphone, having a close hardware configuration to that of the LG G3, but at a cheaper and affordable price. It runs on a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 400 processor providing a smooth UI, 8 MP camera with full-HD 1080p video support and a 5.7-inch IPS LCD display. It also supports a 3200 mAh battery, for a longer battery life than the LG G3.
The rooting procedure for this device has been discussed by many users at the XDA forums and it was concluded that the device could be rooted easily using a small script, which could be flashed using the stock recovery. And today, we will instruct you on how to Root Verizon LG G Vista.
Rooting may be a harmful process, if performed without complete knowledge. Understand the risks involved and proceed thereafter. Do not attempt to use this guide for any other variants. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage done to your Verizon LG G Vista.
- Format your current SD card to EXT2 or EXT4 partition, just use a separate card and format it, if don’t want to risk your data.
- Backup SMS, Contacts, Calendars, Storage, and Apps etc. Use this guide to backup on your unrooted device
- Charge your LG G Vista to at least 60% battery to avoid any certain shutdowns during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings. If you don’t know how, follow this guide.
- Setup Android SDK (for ADB and Fastboot), using our guide.
- Install LG USB drivers: Click to download
Steps to Root Verizon LG G Vista
- Download the Root package (filename: update.zip): Link | Mirror
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Transfer the update.zip to root (not in any folder) of your SD card.
- Open a new command prompt (CMD) window and type in the following command:
adb reboot recovery
- The LG G Vista will reboot into stock recovery mode.
- Use the Volume keys to highlight apply update from external SDcard.
- Select it using the Power key.
- It will merely take a few seconds to complete and once it is done, select reboot system now.
The process is easy and comes with no errors, but it should only be used on the Verizon LG G Vista and not on any other variants. Have you been successful in rooting your Verizon LG G Vista using our guide? Support us by providing some feedback using comments. Stay tuned, we will be back with some more stuff on this rare device.