“Rooting” and “unlocking bootloader” are one of the most loved and most despised terms in the world of Android. It’s true that having a rooted phone can make enrich your phone’s usability and performance but the fear of voiding warranty, bricking it and lack of enthusiasm keep millions of Android users away from indulging in any such activity on their device.
Usually, rooting a Samsung Galaxy device is a lot easier than rooting any Android phone by other manufacturers. But when it comes to rooting a Samsung phone with locked bootloader from a carrier like Verizon, things go little awry. However complicated a things might be, our great developers are always up with some or other easier workaround for it.
If you have ever tried to root your Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605, you must be familiar with the name of Adam Outler, the developer who was first to come up with a working way to root, unlock bootloader and install a custom recovery for the device. Before that, the Verizon Note 2 was considered the most secured phone on the earth. The previous method, however, was still a little rounded but Adam has made things so simple that rooting and unlocking bootloader on Verizon SCH-I605 has become a child’s play.
The CASUAL One-Click root tool for Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 does more than what it says. It’s a single tool that can easily and safely root your Note 2, unlock its bootloader and also install a custom recovery. Yes, so many wondrous things with a single click!
Please note that the Casual tool works with both Windows and Linux and can root your Note 2 SCH-I605 on Android 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 both.
In case you only want to only root your Note 2 and do not plan to flash custom ROMs or mods on your device, you can just root your device by installing the pre-rooted firmware. It can be flashed with a custom recovery.
Stock Odexed Rooted Firmware: I605VRAMC3.zip
Stock Deodexed Rooted Firmware: I605VRAMC3.zip
How to Install:
To install the rooted firmware, download and extract the zip above and install the file with .tar.md5 extension and select it while clicking the PDA button Odin. For detailed steps and preparations, read this tutorial.
Using Casual One-Click Root Tool:
Using Outler’s CASUAL One-Click root tool is very easy and does not require a tutorial, yet we are describing the steps to make things even easier and clearer.
- Please note that the root tool requires the presence of latest version Java on your computer. If you do not have it, download it now. In case you have it, make sure to check if it is the latest version. Click here to run the Java test.
- Next, you must have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- Download the Casual Root Tool: BackAtchaVerizon-CASUAL-Revision465b.jar
- If your VZW Note 2 is on JZ054K I605 VRAMC3 or later firmware version, download this Casual Root Toolkit: NoYouVerizon-GalaxyNote2-CASUAL R515b.jar
- Turn on USB Debugging mode on your Note 2 SCH-I605 from Settings> Development.
- You need not boot your device in Download mode.
- Also make sure you have a working internet connection on your computer because the tool downloads certain software as it does its job.
- Now double click the “BackAtchaVerizon-CASUAL-Revision465b.jar” file to launch it. It will take a few seconds to launch.
- When it is opened, connect your phone to computer using a USB cable.
- When the Link Status shows “Device Connected”, just click on the “Do it” button.
- The tool will run the script and you will see a warning screen. Select “Continue”.
- Then follow on-screen prompts and at the end of the drill, you will have your Verizon Note 2 SCH-I605, rooted with unlocked bootloader and yes, TWRP recovery too.
If you find this tool helpful to you, do not forget to click the “Donate” button next to “Do It” on the Casual Tool. Enjoy your rooted device.