If you have just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S5 recently and have been used to enjoying root access on your older Android devices, it is but natural that you would be looking for a way to root your all new phone. Chainfire, who is also know as root god in the world of Android, has recently released his famous CF-Auto-Root exploit for various models of the Galaxy S5.
Since the CF-Auto-Root is also available for the Sprint variant of the phone, it has now become possible to gain root access and enjoy the benefits of owning a rooted device. Rooting in Android opens the gates of ultimate customization and breaks the barriers put by OEM on the system files.
If you have bought your S5 from Sprint and want to root your phone, using Chainfire’s CF-Root you can now root Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P very easily. However, before you actually proceed to root your new phone, it’s time to warn you that the procedure described below is considered risky. It has been tested successfully by many users yet there is no guarantee that things will turn up the same way in your case too. All we can say is, follow the guide carefully, but at your own responsibility.
- Download the latest CF-Root package for Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P: CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip
- Do not forget to enable USB Debugging on your Sprint Galaxy S5 from Settings> Developer options. You can find a detailed tutorial on enabling Developer options here.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers if you have not installed it yet: Download
Root Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P
Having download the CF-Root package and taken care of other things, follow the steps given below to root your Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P:
- Unzip CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip and open the extracted folder.
- Put your Galaxy S5 in Download Mode:
- Turn it off.
- Press Volume Down+Home+Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds.
- Release the keys when the warning screen appears.
- Then press the Volume Up key to continue to the Download mode.
- Now connect your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Launch Odin provided with the CF-Root package.
- Make sure Odin has detected your phone. This is shown at the ID:COM port that turns to light blue.
- Click the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.tar.md5 file.
- Finally click the Start button and wait till CF-Auto-Root is flashed to the device.
- At the completion of installation, you’ll see PASS! message on Odin followed by automatic device reboot.
Wait till your Sprint Galaxy S5 boots up. Open the app drawer and look for SuperUser app there. If it is preset, your phone has been rooted successfully. To very root access on your phone, you can install Root Checker app from the Play Store and run it.