Samsung has unveiled the latest addition to the ultra popular Note line in the form of the Galaxy Note 4. The Note 4 comes with a lot of improvements both in hardware and software, and also features a re-freshening design with the addition of metal materials to make the device look more premium. The device is announced but not yet available in the market except for certain parts of Asia and Australian retailer Yatango. However the development of this device seems to predate the device launch as the Note 4 is already Rooted!!!
In general, root is available for the Android device with in days of its launch. Even for a flagship product, it takes at least one day for the developers to hack and crack open the device depths. But Note 4 seems to an exception to this, the device is rooted before it is completely available to the end consumers. The popular Android developer Chainfire, who is behind the development of SuperSU has announced the CF-Auto-Root packages for the Note 4 devices on his Google+ page.
The Chainfire’s Root is now available to some of the Galaxy Note 4 models which are based on Samsung’s home-bred Exynos chip as well as Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 805 processor. The Note 4 devices with model numbers SM-N910C (Thailand Exynos), SM-N910U (Hong Kong Exynos) and SM-N9106W (China Snapdragon) can now be rooted with the CF Auto Root which is a automatic root script that will root the device with minimum effort from the user.
So here we will see how to root your Note 4 device (If you’re currently holding one)
This Guide is intended only for the Galaxy Note 4 with the model No’s SM-N910C, SM-N910U & SM-N9106W, not for any other device of Samsung. Be extra cautious when you choose the root firmwares as flashing wrong firmwares might result in a bricked device.
Rooting and flashing firmwares will void your device warranty either temporarily or permanently. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
PREPARE YOUR DEVICE
- Charge your Galaxy Note 4 above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging: Link
- Install Required USB Drivers: Link
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
Download the CF-Auto Root packages based on your Note 4 model number.
- SM-N910C (Asia, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trelte-treltexx-smn910c.zip
- SM-N910U (Hong Kong, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trhplte-trhpltexx-smn910u.zip
- SM-N9106W (China, Snapdragon): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszn-smn9106w.zip
ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4
- Download the CF Auto Root package for your Note 4 and extract it to your PC. You’ll get an Odin flashable file in the .tar.md5 format.
- Flash the .tar.md5 package using Odin. You can follow our exclusive guide on flashing firmware and CF-Auto-Root using Odin → Click Here
- During the CF Auto-root process, if the device is stuck at bootlogo, remove the battery and boot into recovery mode manually to start the rooting process.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Note 4 is successfully rooted and you’re ready to use advanced applications on your device.
Leave your feedback in the comments section below.