Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 received the Jelly Bean update just today. The new update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware has brought a lot of new features and improvements to the device. If you have already upgraded to the new firmware on your Note 2 and wish to extend its capabilities by rooting your device and installing ClockworkMod recovery on it, you are just at the right place. If your Galaxy Note 2 does not have the official Android 4.1.2 firmware, flash it manually: Download
Rooting an Android phone has many advantages. Having rooted you Note 2, you will be able to install a lot of useful apps that require root permissions. If CWM Recovery is installed on your device, you will be able to flash your favorite custom ROM, a mod or patch very easily.
Please note that rooting your Galaxy Note 2 will void its warranty. Moreover, the procedure might prove risky if not performed carefully. Proceed only if you are sure what it is all about.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Jelly Bean Firmwares
Rooting Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.1.2:
If you have ever flashed an insecure kernel or a stock firmware using Odin, the method given here might seem very easy and familiar to you. It is very much the same procedure except for a few differences.
- Download the firmware CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip and extract it with a zip archiver. Inside the extracted folder, you will find .tar file inside.
- Download CWM Recovery and extract the zip: CWM_RecoveryTOUCH_v18.104.22.168_N7100.zip
- Download Odin3_v3.04.zip and extract it to your desktop.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer if you have not installed it yet.
- Charge you Note 2 to 70% battery level at least.
- Backup your contacts, call-logs, messages, APNs, bookmarks, calendar, apps & games using these nice free apps.
- Turn on USB Debugging from Settings> Developer options
- Turn off you phone and boot it into Download/Odin Mode: press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power keys simultaneously till you see a screen that prompts you to press the Volume Up key to continue to Download mode.
- Now open the Odin folder that you downloaded in Step 2 and run the .exe file present there.
- When the Odin is launched, connect your Galaxy Note 2 to the computer via USB cable and wait till the ID:COM box at Odin turns light green. It shows that your device has been detected by the program.
- Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Do NOT check any other item.
- Now click on the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip.tar file.
- Take a deep sigh and click on the Start button on Odin to start the installation. It might take about 5-8 minutes for the installation to finish.
- Finally, you will get a PASS! message on the ID:COM box and then you device will reboot automatically.
- Your device will reboot and it will be rooted on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Cheers!
Installing CWM Recovery:
When your Note 2 GT-N7100 is rooted, turn it off again and boot it into Download Mode. Then follow the steps given above but this time when you click PDA button, select CWM_RecoveryTOUCH_v22.214.171.124_N7100.tar file. All steps are the same.
Want a Good Custom ROM?
Best Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100