Samsung is known for bombarding the market with loads of smartphones in different categories. One can find a Samsung Galaxy smartphone in any budget range. The Galaxy J2 Prime is one of the mid-level smartphones from Samsung. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and comes with the usual Samsung bloatware which every user want to get rid of. So, today, we will see how to root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532F/M/G.
Rooting your Galaxy J2 will give you Superuser permissions with which you can perform advanced operations. So, you will be able to edit and remove system files, apps, and other bloatware to make your device faster. As the device is running on Marshmallow firmware, you can enjoy the benefits of Xposed framework once you’re rooted. So, let’s see how to root your device.
- Go to Settings » About phone » Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options on your device. Then go back to Settings » Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fasboot Setup and install it on your computer.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Backup important files on your device to a safe place as unlocking the bootloader will format your entire device.
- Make sure you have enough charge on your device before starting the process.
- Supported Firmware: You need to be on the below firmware before proceeding with the root method. Download the Firmware file and install it using this guide.
- J2 Prime Root Kit – Download Here
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime
- Download the Galaxy J2 Prime rootkit and extract the files on your PC. You’ll find the below three files:
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your device before proceeding further. Now, connect your device to PC using a USB cable.
- Double-click on the “ROOT-ENGLISH.exe” file to open the executable file. You’ll see the below screen:
- If you’ve already installed the USB drivers, no need to install them again. Just type NO and press ENTER.
- Your device will reboot to Download mode automatically and an Odin window will open on your PC.
- Click on AP button and select the root-boot.tar file. Click Start to continue flashing the file.
- Once the file is flashed, you’ll see a Reset text at the top-left side of the Odin window. The phone will reboot automatically. Don’t disconnect the device yet.
- The script will run post installation steps on your device and will show a message “Your device is rooted.” Press ENTER and your device will be rebooted again.
- Once the device is rebooted, open the SuperSU app and update the binaries.
Note: If you want to unroot your device, just do a full unroot from SuperSU app. Then flash the stock-boot.tar in Odin instead of root-boot.tar.
Note 2: If you see a password at boot after the root process, you need to make sure you’re on the compatible firmware from Prerequisites. Then follow the root process again.
That’s it. You’ve successfully rooted your Galaxy J2 Prime. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments section.