The ultimate brand new S-series flagship, the ‘Samsung Galaxy S5’ was showcased during February 2014 with the new Snapdragon 801 chipset and Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 processor with a Super AMOLED 5.1-inche screen for a brilliant display. The device hasn’t even reached the market properly yet and the legendary developer Chainfire has already released a Root method for the same. This rooting method is meant only and only for the Europe variant i.e Galaxy S5 SM-G900F.
We’re going to follow the usual way of flashing CF-Auto-Root package using the Odin tool. If you have the curiosity to root your newly bought device and use Apps that require root privileges and perform other system operations, then you’ve just stepped at the right place.
- Rooting voids warranty, DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Perform everything at your own risk
- This guide and its step will increase your flash counter and trip your KNOX warranty flag.
- This guide is meant only and only for the Galaxy S5 SM-G900F.
- Check your device model number under Settings > About device > Model Number and confirm it to be SM-G900F.
- Download and Install appropriate USB drivers
- Enable USB Debugging
- Backup your Apps, Contacts, Logs, Messages and Settings
Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
- Download CF-Auto-Root package (CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip)
- Connect your device to the PC. Open a CMD window and enter the following command to boot into Download Mode or do it manually using the next step.
adb reboot download
- Switch off your Galaxy S5. Press Volume Down, Home and Power button altogether until you see the warning triangle. Now press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable when the device is in Download Mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator privileges.
- You will see the COM port number in the ID: COM box, which means the connection between the device and Odin has been established successfully.
- In the Odin window, click on the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5
- Make sure Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked and everything else is unchecked in the Odin window.
- Click on the Start button to begin the flashing process and observe the on-going procedure in the Message screen on the bottom-left side of the Odin window.
- Once done, you will be indicated by a PASS message.
Once you have reboot, make sure to check the root status using the following App.