The Samsung Galaxy Edge is currently a one-of-its-kind smartphone. It has an asymmetrical shape and subtly placed second screen at the right edge that aptly justifies its name. The edged screen panel of the phone really adds to its appeal for being innovative but despite of the fact that it’s devoted to productivity, the question still remains as to how useful it might prove to the end user. Because of the whopping size of the device, many users might have had hard time getting used to playing with the curved screen panel.
Anyway, the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is already out and so is the root method for the device. If you got the Korean model of the device, you can root it despite of the fact that there is no CF-Auto-Root officially available for it. XDA member UpInTheAir used the CF-root package meant for Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910K on his Korean Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915S and successfully gained root access. The same root package has also been confirmed working on another Korean variant of the device, SM-N915K.
As you all know, Chainfire’s Auto-Root packages contain modified Kernels with disabled SELinux and thus allow SuperSU binaries to install successfully for root privilege. It’s really very easy to flash CF-Root using Odin but installing it trips the flash counter of the devices and voids KNOX warranty.
The rooting procedure described below is meant only for the Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915S/K and is considered risky. Moreover, it will also void the warranty of your device. Do not proceed unless you understand what you are going to do and are aware of its consequences.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer if you do not have it installed already.
- Download CF-Auto-Root file: CF-Auto-Root-treltektt-treltektt-smn910k.zip
- Download Odin: Odin_v3.07.zip – Mirror
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Note Edge: Guide
Root Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915S/K
- Extract the CF-Root and Odin zip files.
- Turn off your Note Edge and boot it into the Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen, press the Volume Up key to enter the Download mode.
- Open the Odin folder and launch the program.
- Now connect your phone to PC using the USB cable provided by the OEM. You should see Added!! text in the message box on Odin window to indicate successful connection.
- Just click the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-treltektt-treltektt-smn910k.tar.md5 file.
- Then click the Start button to initiate the installation which will take just a few seconds.
- When CF-Auto-Root is installed, you will get PASS! message on Odin and your device will reboot automatically.
Done! When your Galaxy Note Edge boots up, open the app drawer. You will see the SuperUser app present there. To verify proper root access, you can download any root checker app from the Play Store.