Here is the port for the Xperia Z5 Premium Walkman music app to your Android device. A senior member at XDA, androidexpert35, has ported sound libraries from the famed Walkman Music from Sony and the latest build from the Xperia Z5. The available SoundMod comes with all the latest features from the Walkman Music build v188.8.131.52.0. It comes with the new fresh material design an enhanced sound with clear audio setting. There are numerous such features that you can get on your Android device.
Clear Bass, Clear Stereo, Clear Phase, XLOUD are some of the unique features included into the SoundMod. However, Clear Stereo comes with some bugs for the Lollipop and Marshmallow ROMs with random crashes. However, with further updates, users may expect some bug fixes.
To install this SoundMod from the Xperia Z5 on your device, you will need to flash it through a custom recovery like TWRP. The mod works on almost all Android devices running on Android Lollipop or Marshmallow provided you have a TWRP recovery to flash it. It has been tested running on several devices. For further updates, stay tuned.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you install custom packages on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Xperia Z5 SoundMod — Download | File: Xperia_Z5_Premium_Walkman™_Port_v1.1.zip
- The listed SoundMod port is compatible with almost all Android devices running on Lollipop or Marshmallow ROM. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. A full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the file.
How to Port Xperia Z5 Premium Walkman
- Download the Sound mod from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the SoundMod file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once your system boots up, you can now enjoy your new Walkman Music app. If you come across any boot loop or face system errors, you can always restore your previous ROM from the backup.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.