Here is a good news for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 owners. Samsung has finally started rolling out the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update for the popular 7″ tablet for selected European countries. Galaxy Tab 2 users in Italy, Greece, Spain, Germany, Romania and Slovenia happen to be the first to get the Jelly Bean update. The new firmware is a branded one and is available currently only for Vodafone and SIM users.
The Android 4.1.1 firmware for the Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 can be updated via Kies or Over the Air (OTA). To check if the update is available for your Tab 2, go to Settings> About> Software Update. You can also update the firmware of your tablet manually too.
JB Firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 Details:
Product Code: GT-P3100ZWAOMN (Vodafone & SIM)
CSC: P3100VFGCLK1 (Vodafone)
Region: Europe (Italy, Greece, Spain, Germany, Romania and Slovenia)
How to Install the JB Firmware to Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
Here is an easy tutorial that would guide you to flash the Jelly Bean firmware to your Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100 manually.
- Download the appropriate firmware from the links provided above and extract the zip to your desktop.
- Download Odin3_v1.85.zip and extract it too.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps, etc. using Google Sync, Kies, and some good backup app.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device: Settings> Developer Options>
- Charge your Tab 2 to at least 70% battery level.
- Turn off the device and boot it into Download mode: press and hold Volume Down+Power buttons simultaneously till the Samsung logo flickers for two times and you see the screen that prompt to enter Download mode.
- Go to the Odin3 folder and run the .exe program found there.
- Connect your tablet to the computer via USB cable and wait till the connection between the device and PC.
- A successful connection is indicated by Odin3 by yellow highlight at IC:COM port and “Added!” text at the message box at the bottom.
[box color=”white” icon=”wand”]Warning: Please, make sure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked on Odin3. As for the Re-Partition option, check it only if the firmware you are going to flash has a PIT file.[/box]
- If the firmware has only one file with .tar.md5 extension, click on PDA button on the Odin3 and then Start button to flash the firmware.
- In case, there are four 3-4 files inside the extracted FW folder, select these files in the order mentioned and then hit the Start button on Odin3:
- Click PDA and select Code
- Click Tablet and select Modem
- Click CSC and select CSC
- Click PIT and select .pit
The installation might take a few minutes and when it finishes successfully, you will see “PASS!” message on ID:COM. Finally, your device will reboot automatically with Jelly Bean firmware installed on it.