Custom ROMS provide additional functionalities and features over the stock one. Many Android users turn towards such ROMS, mainly the stock based ones, as they provide stability along with many other user requisite features like the removed bloatware, zipalign, deodexed etc. One such ROM is the SuperStock BOH6 v1.4 developed for the T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T. It is a custom ROM based on the BOH6 stock firmware for the T-mobile S6 Edge Plus.
Misterjunky, a senior member at XDA-Developers, have developed SuperStock delivering many features. The custom ROM comes from a modified stock firmware, that has been deodexed and removed of the TMO bloatware, zipalign and has been tweaked for many useful features like the camera during call, 5 way reboot menu, privacy mode and more.
So, if you are looking for a stock based custom ROM for your T-mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, then SuperStock BOH6 is the best ROM you can get. There are 2 versions available for SuperStock, the v1.3 that consist of mods like 3Minit Battery, dr.ketan’s toggle expansion etc. already installed and the v1.4 which requires these to be installed separately. Moreover, to flash SuperStock, you must have a custom recovery like TWRP or Philz installed on your G928T device. If you are on the stock firmware, then you need to install a custom kernel before you install this ROM. Installing this zip file rom or any other zip file rom will trip knox.
- Make sure you have the perfect device and the exact variant for this purpose.
- You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T. Get it from here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC, so that you can transfer the ROM file to your device’s storage. Install it from here.
- Must have a custom kernel installed on your device, if you come from stock firmware. So if you are coming from another custom ROM, then you need not flash a custom kernel.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install a custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews shall not be responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong.
Install SuperStock BOH6 v1.4 on T-mobile Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T
- Download the SuperStock zip file for your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928T from the download section.
- Now transfer the file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, press and hold volume down + power key + home button at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System,Data, and Cache. Now swipe right to confirm.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installation completes, reboot to system.
The first boot may take a while. So be patient. After the installation, you can also install the optional packages provided by the developer for the 1.4 version. You can get all the action and other information about SuperStock from this link.